MOE KNOX

I ran into MOE KNOX at the Brookyln United concert on Sat.

the first question I asked him was he in the drum corps hall of fame.

He told me no . I was shocked. I grew up seeing Moe at every drum corps event I was at as a child and the world of drum corps became alive to me through his pictures in the old DRUM CORPS NEWS.

This is a man who very much deserves the HALL HONOR. he was still taking pics at the concert.

If anyone knows who votes on these things ,lets share some MOE KNOX stories and see if we can get this man the recognition he deserves.

Moe told me he was excluded from the hall because he made money off of drum corps. selling photo's.

how many HOF members did drum corps full time and made a living off of it. a few .

I do believe it is time to add MR. KNOX to the DRUM CORPS HALL OF FAME

ALAN CHEZ

How could Moe Knox not be in the hall of fame???

Add my vote.

• 1 month later...

Moe Knox has documented drum corps since I can remember from back in the mid '60s!

If not for him there would not be much of a record from back in the day!

I chatted with Moe at our home show, The Bridgemens' The Tournament of Stars, June 2007, it was like talking to the Beatles, Elvis & Jimi Hendrix all rolled into one!

http://bridgemen.smugmug.com/gallery/3052700#166218747

Moe IS the MAN!

It was an honor to say the least!

We talked photography, the old days, the new days, he is just a living legend!

While shooting photos of the Bridgemen during our show, he taps me on the shoulder & he gives me pointers on the way I should compose the drum majors photos!

I tried his suggestion & of course he was right!

We have to give him his props by sending him to the Hall Of Fame where he belongs, while he can still appreciate it!

Copy & paste & process the following & lets not forget a Pioneer Super Star:

PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION OF NEW WDCHOF MEMBERS

1. PRE-SCREENING

2. SELECTION COMMITTEE

3. VOTING MEMBERS

1. Submission Form may be submitted by any interested person.

A. Forms are available from the Membership Chairman, any officer, or may be printed from the following URL: WDCHOF Nomination

B. Forms must be complete and forwarded to the Membership Chairman prior to February 1st.

C. Forms will be pre-screened for all data and when accepted, forwarded to the Selection committee. Dates listed below are mailing dates.

2. The Selection Committee will consist of twelve (12) World Drum Corps Hall of Fame members appointed by

the Selection Committee Chairman and approved by the President; Three (3) Brass, Three (3)

Percussion, Three (3) Field (M&M), and Three (3) General (Administration).

A. The Forms will be sent to the Selection Committee by February 15th.

B. The Selection Committee will select 3 nominees in each caption for a total of 12 nominees and return their ballots to the Chairman by March 1st.

3. The submission forms of the 12 nominee’s will be forwarded to each Hall of Fame Member with two ballots by March 15th.

A. Each member must vote for 6 of the twelve and return one ballot to the President and one to the Selection Committee Chairman by April 1st. Late returns will not be accepted.

B. Ballots will be counted and the top 6 will be the New Inductees. The President will vote to break any ties. Tabulation will be completed by April 15th. New inductees will be notified by the President by May 1st.

C. The Public Relations Chairman and the Programs Chairman will be notified by the President of the names of the New Inductees. The Secretary will forward submission forms of the New Inductees to the Public Relations Chairman by May 1st.

D. The Public Relations Chairman will advise Drum Corps World by May 15th.

• 6 years later...

one of my first real thrills was going to a show and seeing a picture Moe took of me. get him in!!