Crown 2007 Field Studio Recordings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that brass recording was really enjoyable, glad i bought that. triple tonguing and whatnot in william tell sounded great. really appreciated the mello who punched out that high C shot note at 8:52. 8:59....i would say its "pure breathe dah" but it was actually more like breathe-breathe dah, hahaha. you can hear it pretty precisely. ill be giving this more listening in the next few days; the effort put into the production of it (and the concept in itself) is much appreciated.

I have always wished that every corps would do studio type recordings during finals week. I'd even take this over I&E, which I don't attend anyways! You can just hear so much more of the brass parts compared to the live stadium CDs......especially minus the crowd (and stadium lights). :)

I wish I had recordings like this for every corps...these rock in addition to the live versions.

Someone at DCI...mid-season standstill CD/APD's, stat! :)

Although I agree that we should have something like this for every corps, I don't like the idea of it being done mid-season. There are too many changes made to shows between then and Finals week. Heck, even the BK recording done on July 29 is slightly different from the final product.

I vote for a Finals week recording session for all corps, perhaps on Tuesday of Finals week?

Most everyone is talking about the Brass recording....I'm curios what people think about the percussion recordings

Sounds like any other drum recording I've heard.

<shrugs>