Crown 2007 Field Studio Recordings

So this is a recording while they are doing drill, I imagine? Thats sweet.

Wish we would have done it in 06. I'm so proud of Crown, I really am.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looked interesting, but I thought to myself, "Do I really need another recording of Triple Crown? I have several APDs in addition to the finals CD (hopefully soon)."

Yes, yes I do. I bought the brass recording: spectacular! It is not a perfect recording, but pretty close. Like someone mentioned before, I heard many nuances an inner parts that often didn't make it in the other recordings. It sounded like there was some wind on the mic, so perhaps it isn't a real studio recording.

This looked interesting, but I thought to myself, "Do I really need another recording of Triple Crown? I have several APDs in addition to the finals CD (hopefully soon)."

Yes, yes I do. I bought the brass recording: spectacular! It is not a perfect recording, but pretty close. Like someone mentioned before, I heard many nuances an inner parts that often didn't make it in the other recordings. It sounded like there was some wind on the mic, so perhaps it isn't a real studio recording.

It was finals week at Arroyo HS in El Monte, CA. The hornline was outside in a circle or arc..I don't remember exactly.

it was done out at our finals practice field. We did a big session together and then split while DL recorded and then the Brass did their session.

I wish they would have put the 'bopped' version of Wild Horses on there.

Bopped?

No one wants to hear Wild Horses bopped!!! Truuuuussssssst me!!!

This is only the beginning. When the tour DVD comes out you will hear this audio in 5.1 digital surround. All I can say is, "amazing in stereo and unbelievable in 5.1 digital." You can get the tour video around the end of November beginning of December.

There's more to come.

Tim

Box 5 Productions

Edited by Tim Snyder

Seriously, I have like 7 2007 Carolina Crown recordings now between these and the APDs...if they are rolling into show sites with stretch Escalades, you can thank me :)