Hi all ... just got power back at the house ... Fairfield, CT was hit VERY hard and is a mess ... Bridgeport took a beating as well ... the shoreline is still in evacuation mode ... been doing "wire down" duty for the power co I work for here ... the natives are getting very restless ... major businesses are still closed and it doesn't look like things will get better until Monday ... just too many trees down ... ugh ... tough to get from point A to point B ...

Andy

Before I get to my smart-azz comment let me first say how happy I am to hear that Andy and Ray are doing o.k. And how bad I feel for all those that are impacted, my heart goes out to them.

Now for my smart-azz comment, Andy you said that "Bridgeport took a beating".....my question is, how could you tell???? :w00t:

Just trying to add some humor here folks......

Just want to add... anyone working for the power companies in any way... :worthy:

Local paper ran a great article on out-of-town crews and the crap they go thru in times like this. Kicker is when no one calls...... the work is finally done.... and probably go somewhere else.

Hi all ... just got power back at the house ... Fairfield, CT was hit VERY hard and is a mess ... Bridgeport took a beating as well ... the shoreline is still in evacuation mode ... been doing "wire down" duty for the power co I work for here ... the natives are getting very restless ... major businesses are still closed and it doesn't look like things will get better until Monday ... just too many trees down ... ugh ... tough to get from point A to point B ...

Andy

My sister in Law lives right in the village of Madison, CT (doesn't Mickey Kelly live there too?)... anyway, she's still evacuated and has been allowed in to check and her house is ok only a few blocks from the "sound" but they're telling her next week on power... yikes... long time to restore power...

keep up the good work Andy...

My sister in Law lives right in the village of Madison, CT (doesn't Mickey Kelly live there too?)... anyway, she's still evacuated and has been allowed in to check and her house is ok only a few blocks from the "sound" but they're telling her next week on power... yikes... long time to restore power...

keep up the good work Andy...

Not sure where Mickey Kelly lives now ... haven't seen him in ages ... used to march in the old St. Raphael's with him ... very talented CG and drill guy ... Madison, CT is less than an hour from me ... typical New England "shoreline" community ... similar to Fairfield ... people in Fairfield's beach community are still evacuated as well ... water is a 1/2 mile inland and has not receeded much since the storm making power restoration impossible ... very tense situation in CT as the outage enters day five for many ...

On another note, just got word that BHOFer and Selden Cadet icon soloist FRANK BUSCEMI passed away yesterday after a bout with leukemia ... may he Rest In Peace ...

Andy

On another note, just got word that BHOFer and Selden Cadet icon soloist FRANK BUSCEMI passed away yesterday after a bout with leukemia ... may he Rest In Peace ...

Andy

Thanks Andy.... :worthy:

With a very heavy heart I am passing on this sad news...

Frank Buscemi

1952-1965 Selden Cadets

1963 Sunrisers Sop/Soloist

2004 to Present Selden Cadets Alumni

2010 Sunrisers Reunion Ensemble

http://buglershalloffame.com/new_site/members/frank_buscemi.html

From Bob Murphy (by way of Irene Allan)

SAD NEWS

It is rare when I am at a loss for words but at the request of the Selden Cadets Alumni Corps management I shall try.

Today, November 1, 2012, the Selden Cadets family lost the man whose name has always been synonymous with all the things good about the Selden Cadets and the Selden Cadets Alumni Corps. This morning Frank Buscemi’s battle with a number of serious ailments ended. He passed quietly at Stony Brook hospital with family and close friends in attendance.

Services for Frank will be at the Giove Funeral Home, 1000 Middle Country Road, Selden, NY (631) 732-1800.

Visitation hours are on Saturday November 3, 2012 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9:30pm.

Frank played Solo Soprano with the Sunrisers during 1963 and with the SunReunionEnsemble in 2010.

Paul Auster posted on the Selden Cadets Alumni FB page:

SELDEN CADETS ALUMNI DRUM & BUGLE CORPS

Paul Auster

It is with great sadness to tell you of the passing of Frank Buscemi this morning. Frank was a lifetime member of the Selden Cadets Golden Lancers and played the off the line solo that wowed at the Dream contest. He also then marched with the Sunrisers and was the horn instructor for the Golden Lancers Alumni corps.

There will be a wake this Saturday (Nov 3rd) at the Giove Funeral Home on Middle Country Rd in Selden (across from the Home Depot).

Hours will be from 2 to 4 pm and 7- to 9:30 pm.

Godspeed my friend....

have been watching news stories about the impact of Sandy up your way and am happy that you're OK Andy....also very sad about Frank......

Jim

Not sure where Mickey Kelly lives now ... haven't seen him in ages ... used to march in the old St. Raphael's with him ... very talented CG and drill guy ... Madison, CT is less than an hour from me ... typical New England "shoreline" community ... similar to Fairfield ... people in Fairfield's beach community are still evacuated as well ... water is a 1/2 mile inland and has not receeded much since the storm making power restoration impossible ... very tense situation in CT as the outage enters day five for many ...

Andy

[OT]

"How a Rubber Chicken Became a NASA Celebrity"

http://www.wired.com...rubber-chicken/

[/OT]

I had no idea Freddy had such an accomplished sister

• Like 1