Well ... with the Holidays upon us, I'll make it easy on everyone for the last two names:

#2 Tenor: "Big John" Harris ... left this earthly world in 1995 ... I never met a person who didn't like him

#3 Tenor: Greg Black: 1965 VFW National Tenor Champ, 1965, 1966 Archie's National Open Champ also RIP late 90's ...

Both were great tenor drummers coming out of the Earl Sturtze Stable of Champions ... quite a prized bunch ...

So ... there you have it ... the 1966 Bpt PAL drumline ... a line chock full of National I&E Champions ... some in the the pic ... some not ... a line that for sure gained the respect of their competitors ... hope you enjoyed some of the background ...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!!!

:-)

"Chock Full of Great Memories Also":

Knew from the olde Parish corps so many of the "66" PAL Cadets drumline. RIP to "Big John" & Greg. You'll always be remembered.

All the best to Andy for this great trip down memory lane and to everyone on this message board for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Years.

Elphaba

to all in Whoville: may this Christmas season bring you peace and health and sunshine above......I will be tied up (no my Queen, not THAT tied up)from this afternoon thru Christmas day, Christmas concert with my big band, The Project tonight and preparing for vigilia natale.....feast of the seven fishes.......gonna be a rockin' Christmas eve; then on Christmas day, we have family and Barb and John Flowers as we have done for many years

all I need is the strength to cook and plenty of Yuengling to wash it down

God bless you all

Guido

have a great time JC.

YAY! ... Ron Findley ... he won his National Title in Boston after the 68 season and was actually PROTESTED for bringing his WIFE with him to the show!!! ... LOL ...

Is he related to Bob Findley?

Happy Holidays to all here in Who-ville, and safe travels for anyone heading away from home!!!! :thumbup:

Is he related to Bob Findley?

Ron is Bob's brother

Ron is Bob's brother

:thumbup:

:thumbup:/>

not a bad family drum corps name...

just lamenting...

What would we need to do to bring family back into the corps? DCA hasn't lost it yet but it's not like it was back when... and DCI? Gone! When I was young, drum corps was expected of me... My last name is throughout the history of the Brigadiers and Crusaders (and a couple other corps)...

The Findley's are no surprise as a drum corps family... I remember in the late 50's when Brigs had 5 Cerimeli brothers and a few other families that made up a majority of the corps... names like McGrath, Martin, Allen, and many others were critical to Rochester drum corps... I have no answer... just the question... but marching with your brothers, sisters, and even parents and grandparents was special...

Family is not completely gone on the "junior" side, actually.

When Tony Odello founded the Blue Devils in the '50s, I wonder if he could have predicted that there would be 8 Odellos who would eventually march, teach and manage in that organization, right down to the present day:

Daughter Annette( DM, color guard, still manages the BD Twirling Corps),sons Tony and Rick (both in the drumline when BD won their 1st DCI; Rick taught the drumline for several years and now directs both the B and C corps), daughter-in-law Debbie (color guard, now BD office manager), grandsons Ryan, Andrew, Rick and Adam (all won several DCI titles with the corps; Ryan is currently program coordinator/instructor for the B Corps.)

That's a lot of drum corps DNA for one family.

On the other side, I believe I am the only Dorritie who ever marched in any drum corps, anywhere. But that's ok, too. I always thought of all the rest of you as my family anyway.

Family is not completely gone on the "junior" side, actually.

When Tony Odello founded the Blue Devils in the '50s, I wonder if he could have predicted that there would be 8 Odellos who would eventually march, teach and manage in that organization, right down to the present day:

Daughter Annette( DM, color guard, still manages the BD Twirling Corps),sons Tony and Rick (both in the drumline when BD won their 1st DCI; Rick taught the drumline for several years and now directs both the B and C corps), daughter-in-law Debbie (color guard, now BD office manager), grandsons Ryan, Andrew, Rick and Adam (all won several DCI titles with the corps; Ryan is currently program coordinator/instructor for the B Corps.)

That's a lot of drum corps DNA for one family.

On the other side, I believe I am the only Dorritie who ever marched in any drum corps, anywhere. But that's ok, too. I always thought of all the rest of you as my family anyway.

frank don't feel bad. i'm the only incardona the ever marched anywhere in any corps. so drum corps was my family.

• Like 1