yes

He could also double for the guy in the old Six Flags commercials

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

should i know him/ is there a pic of him when he was young?

Edited by ajlisko

OK.... I'll give it a go. thumbup.gif

In 1959 joined the Golden Rays Junior Drum Corps of Stoughton, Mass. serving in a number of capacities ranging from Drum Major to french horn bugler until he joined the Unites States Marine 8 and I Drum Corps in Washington D.C.in 1968 where he performed with them til 1970 as a French horn bugler.

While stationed in Washington he also performed with the Yankee-Rebels Drum and Bugle Corps in the same capacity. Following the 1970 season he joined the Reading Buccaneers Drum Corps and performed with them as both French horn and Mellophone through the 1976 season and again from 1988 through 1999.

He has also performed competitively with the Long Island Sunrisers in 1990. He put in 2 stints with the Archer-Epler Musketeers from 1975 through 1981 and again from 1984 through 1995. He has served as the Brass Arranger for the Royaleer Mounties from 1974 through 1976 and for St. Rose of Lima in 1976 and 1977. Administratively He's served the Reading Buccaneers as their Business Manager in 1996 and as their Assistant Director in 2002 and 2003.

Not mentioned above is his tenure with Swing House and currently performing with the Buccaneers Alumni.... worthy.gif (And I think he's been asked by just about every Alumni Corps to perform with them.)

I marched next to this GW for most of those Archie years, couldn't know a better person

His latest solo with Rebels and Swing House of "Sleepy Time Down South was amazing

Sweetest ever

• Like 2

i just saw that we have way over 1 million views here. WOW!!! thumbup.gif

Edited by donincardona

and, he is an inductee of the BHOF this year.....also played with Zorro Raiders (among others).......proud to call him a friend

Guido

I marched next to this GW for most of those Archie years, couldn't know a better person

His latest solo with Rebels and Swing House of "Sleepy Time Down South was amazing

Sweetest ever

I'm trying to figure out what would have caused you to delete a post.

That bad, huh?

Well, I'm sure that much much more could be said about this GW subject.

We get a lot of DFs on DCP, but this one is the greatest of them all.

I wonder from time to time what it would have been like if his drum corps career had placed him in a line that featured his artistry. We know all the names of the great soloists, Johnny Grass; Frank Dorritie; Bill Hightowe; Bobby Gaff; Tommy Martin; Tommy Swan; Harry Hazlewood; Ruben Ariola; Baby John Chalmus; folks who had entire shows written around their talent. I think this GW would have earned that same cachet had the show been written for him.

I had a gas writing Buddy Rich's West Side Story "Somewhere" with DF playing the John Boyce trombone solo on french horn (with slide). If he had the opportunity out on the competitive field, we wouldn't have anyone reading this that did not immediately recognize his name.

One of the all-time greats.

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out what would have caused you to delete a post.

That bad, huh?

I had made a comment in response to the wrong post which didn't make sense ... no biggie ...

:-)

I had made a comment in response to the wrong post which didn't make sense ... no biggie ...

:-)

Ah... a simple case of ARD*

*Age Related Disorientation