I can't think of a single time that Pete put his own interests in front of the corps'...

Absolutely agree!!!

• Like 1

Forty Horns in 69'......that was pretty much average for us...sometimes a few more eg. 72' @ 54 and 73' @ 48 but 40-42 was aveerage.

Man... that 1972 Hurcs line could knock a wall down! :thumbup:

That would be my guess ... Kevin Dunn ... came to the Hurcs in 67 after St. Ann's folded ... I believe he played the solo in Fiddler on the Roof ... real good lead sop ...

:-)

I've been thinking it looks like a Kevin some of us were friendly with in the late 60s. The horn, time, and name are familiar. The memory of the face is very vague.

How about Eaton? Was he there by '69?

Man... that 1972 Hurcs line could knock a wall down! thumbup.gif

all the top five could do it fran. it was an amazing year. too bad everybody couldn't win.

Guess Who # 487 revealed

Really full day tomorrow... but, I'll try and post a new feature for you as soon as I get a chance. This one proves just how fast these gems get revealed. At first no one really had a clue... a couple lil details later... poof.

Joe Swanek was a good guy too... no Moe Knox (but who is?) but a good guy.

all the top five could do it fran. it was an amazing year. too bad everybody couldn't win.

You're right, Don. Still the best top 5 I've ever seen at a DCA championship.

I did think it looked a little like China, but if it's the Hurricanes - that's a blood feud for him. I think Fish is the only Hurricane Pete could stand until Frank went there in '77. He never talked to me after I went there, until I came back to Sun in 1990.

Not China.

He talked to me even though I came from the Hurcs TO Sun..... (correction, I think it was closer yelling at me for at lease the first few years with Sun. LOL)

China was actually pretty buttoned up in a '70s sort of way. Honestly, I don't think I've ever met anyone who loved an organization more than Pete loved the Sunrisers, and it took a toll on him over the years. He was pretty close to the perfect corps member.

I can't think of a single time that Pete put his own interests in front of the corps'...

Agreed...

One of the all-time good guys. We were talking about Danny Fitz being that way, and it's true, but I think Danny loved Drum Corps, the activity, not that he didn't give 150% to each corps he played with, but for Pete I think it would have been genetically impossible for him to play anywhere else once he went to Sun... (until decades later when he played with Anaheim's alumni/senior corps).

True...

One of the five or so great Sunrisers in history, and there's some heavy hitters in there - plus I'm saying one of five - he MAY be number one - I think Frank would have to weigh in on that - he's a far more qualified judge of great Sunrisers (being in that top 5 himself).

Still agreeing with you.... thumbup.gif