No, those were my "Three Amigos" idols...

They were *taught* by my Mentors at the time!

;^>

Right ... like anyone could teach Papa and Chezik anything ... at least ya had a shot with Marty ...

:-)

left to right ??? correct???

yes, the guy on the left was called the silver fox

He lives in Fairport, NY

Took Brad Longdo's "Black Saddle" and turned it into a "staple" of the marching band business...

One of these 3 spent some substantial time in the USMC.

Really Ken? left was in the Army I thought - however, he did meet his wife in the Carolinas which is marine territory and brought his beauty home to NY so maybe I was wrong... Center I don't think was in the service that I remember - I always assumed that right was in for some time in the late 50's but didn't (don't) know the branch...

another clue on the left?

He also worked with a corps with bell bottomed pants... and it wasn't Cabs or my Gauchos (we had Brad Longdo)

Oh, you're such a drummer!!

I'll take that as a compliment!

hey btw...sorry if I came off harsh in the Bucky thread. I did know Bucky, I got to meet him at the Reading show back in 03, and we always said hey and talked. As you know, Richie Sennett wasa character beloved by both Bucky and I, and we often discussed ways to help Richie out, especially after Alma passed away. sadly, only Richie can help Richie, but Bucky and I never stopped caring or trying.

I know Richie isn't pleased with me these days as in our last conversation I told him some truths he needed to hear, and basically told him until he cleans his act up, my daughter wasn't going anywhere near him. I'm sad he took it the way he did, but I know it needed to be said. Sadie is my life, and there are some things I don't want her around. Bucky and I actually discussed this last summer, and he agreed I did the right thing.

I'm only good for one of three of these, and have no cool minutia identifiers to add so I'm going dark, stealth mode.

I'm only good for one of three of these, and have no cool minutia identifiers to add so I'm going dark, stealth mode.

that surprises me Ray...

let me put them in order left to right

Brass (The Silver Fox), Percussion (Mark Thurston's mentor), Visual (Finished his career as a Seminole, but is sadly no longer with us)

they worked together for many years