that surprises me Ray...

let me put them in order left to right

Brass (The Silver Fox), Percussion (Mark Thurston's mentor), Visual (Finished his career as a Seminole, but is sadly no longer with us)

they worked together for many years

Tom,

I lost track of a lot of the upstate NY guys during the 90s and 00's. Corky always looks like Corky, but while I'm sure I knew both of these guys during the 70s, I don't do well with knowing who people are years later.

To be fair, NO ONE that knew me during the 70s and then lost track recognizes me now - partially the beard going, but partially because I aged almost 300 years in 3 decades.

I end up never doing well on GW, although I sat and BS'ed with all these folks at some point in my life.

Corkie was one of my heroes coming up. He had such a beautiful touch for scoring for the horn. Beth has done wonderfully well too.

Tom,

I lost track of a lot of the upstate NY guys during the 90s and 00's. Corky always looks like Corky, but while I'm sure I knew both of these guys during the 70s, I don't do well with knowing who people are years later.

To be fair, NO ONE that knew me during the 70s and then lost track recognizes me now - partially the beard going, but partially because I aged almost 300 years in 3 decades.

I end up never doing well on GW, although I sat and BS'ed with all these folks at some point in my life.

Corkie was one of my heroes coming up. He had such a beautiful touch for scoring for the horn. Beth has done wonderfully well too.

ray don't feel bad. i lost track of people in the early 80's. and i knew a lot of people and don't do well here either. and i've not been recognized here either. i have aged a lot. and don't look anything like i used to. in fact tony and i look like twins. see his pic and you see me. he's just shorter. sorry tony. :silly:

• Like 1

Tom,

and I forget everything Ray... I think the memory has gone bye bye with the weight...

anyway... back to victim #2 in the middle... again... I marched with him in Brigadiers where he shared duties with Ray Bennett and was a student of Bobby Thompson... more recently, he's enjoyed watching his son perform... with several DCI corps...

Think Utica Yankees...

and I forget everything Ray... I think the memory has gone bye bye with the weight...

anyway... back to victim #2 in the middle... again... I marched with him in Brigadiers where he shared duties with Ray Bennett and was a student of Bobby Thompson... more recently, he's enjoyed watching his son perform... with several DCI corps...

Think Utica Yankees...

now i should know him but i'm drawing a blank.............don't say it peashey.........

ray don't feel bad. i lost track of people in the early 80's. and i knew a lot of people and don't do well here either. and i've not been recognized here either. i have aged a lot. and don't look anything like i used to. in fact tony and i look like twins. see his pic and you see me. he's just shorter. sorry tony. :silly:

Same here.... NO ONE that knew me from my days wearing a Sunrisers' uniform would recognize me today... LOL

In my case, "age" is a very small part of it. My health situation has more to do with the cause of it....

However..... "Every day above ground is a GREAT day!" ~ Me ;-)

• Like 1

The early bird gets the WORM

1961 snare line Dick Mercurio - him - Ray Bennett

Was he with Phoenix in '75?

I'm drawing a blank... he may well have been with Phoenix in 75... but I honestly don't remember... MANY of my Brigadier friends were there...

my final clue goes with the Mark Thurston clue... CROSSMEN!!!

At least you didn't say 'The Worms'...... Real old term for Westshoremen when they were sponsored by the VFW Post in Wormleysburg....

Ya made me look twice with WORMS so hadda say it.... :tounge2: