I only witnessed Gebby getting (mildly) POed once, and the guys just looked at each other like "is this cat serious?".

I'm repeating my request for bio material. The only thing I know about his background before the Brigs is that he told me he was once a jarhead. Did he ever play an instrument? Where was he born and raised?

How did he develop his incredible talent?

It's almost embarrassing that I don't know more... that he was a marine is no big surprise... pretty sure he was born and raised in Sherburne NY... his first big success was the Sentinels and Generalettes male and female drill teams who both became national champions... and believe me... they were GREAT!!! Think Marine silent drill team type great... his second wife Lee (Leota) was a Generalette... He also did well in winterguard with Sherburne-Earlville before moving up to West Genny ... I don't know everywhere he taught, but of course Brigadiers from 63 to 73 and sky for 2 years or so after that (Andy?) plus he did Frankfurt Starlighters and then Mighty St. Joe's... I'm sure there were numerous others... Interestingly enough... even though he ended up in Rochester, he never worked with Cru... and while Phoenix existed, he was with Sky... When he retired to Florida, he had many great years at Seminole HS outside Tampa... I'm sure there's guys in Syracuse who know many more details...

I don't know everywhere he taught, but of course Brigadiers from 63 to 73 and sky for 2 years or so after that (Andy?) .

Yes ... he was with Sky in 75 and 76 ...

:-)

It's almost embarrassing that I don't know more... that he was a marine is no big surprise... pretty sure he was born and raised in Sherburne NY... his first big success was the Sentinels and Generalettes male and female drill teams who both became national champions... and believe me... they were GREAT!!! Think Marine silent drill team type great... his second wife Lee (Leota) was a Generalette... He also did well in winterguard with Sherburne-Earlville before moving up to West Genny ... I don't know everywhere he taught, but of course Brigadiers from 63 to 73 and sky for 2 years or so after that (Andy?) plus he did Frankfurt Starlighters and then Mighty St. Joe's... I'm sure there were numerous others... Interestingly enough... even though he ended up in Rochester, he never worked with Cru... and while Phoenix existed, he was with Sky... When he retired to Florida, he had many great years at Seminole HS outside Tampa... I'm sure there's guys in Syracuse who know many more details...

he was with hamburg in 74.

DCI HOFer Dave Richards honeymooned at the 1964 Legion Nationals.

Gebby honeymooned at the 1970 VFW Nationals.

Both marriages lasted. For anyone contemplating matrimony nowadays, plan to honeymoon in Rochester or Indianapolis.

• Like 2

DCI HOFer Dave Richards honeymooned at the 1964 Legion Nationals.

Gebby honeymooned at the 1970 VFW Nationals.

Both marriages lasted. For anyone contemplating matrimony nowadays, plan to honeymoon in Rochester or Indianapolis.

Donna and I honeymooned in Niagara Falls June of 72 71.... (and we're still together)

*Edit* (on a counta' I can't count... LOL This year was our 42nd Anniversary)

With about 125 of our fellow Corps mates, we were on our way to Guelph Ontario for a DC show. (EVERYONE knows you don't get married during Drum Corps season! LOL)

Edited by TennTux

Donna and I honeymooned in Niagara Falls June of 72..... (and we're still together)

With about 125 of our fellow Corps mates, we were on our way to Guelph Ontario for a DC show. (EVERYONE knows you don't get married during Drum Corps season! LOL)

Yup ... Sharon and I honeymooned in Hawaii in Oct of 72 ... AFTER dc season was over ... LOL ... and we're still together ... went back in 95 with our daughters and in 2007 for our 35th ... maybe next year again ... HOO HAA!

Edited by ajlisko

Gebby also did Hamburg in 72 & 73. He tapped me for a few charts. And I added to a long list of lifelong upstate friends, who resurfaced in MSJ and the Ghost Riders.

Also got my triple Kingsmen pedigree [ Kenosha/Anaheim/Hamburg ]

Gebby also did Hamburg in 72 & 73. He tapped me for a few charts. And I added to a long list of lifelong upstate friends, who resurfaced in MSJ and the Ghost Riders.

Also got my triple Kingsmen pedigree [ Kenosha/Anaheim/Hamburg ]

are you ignoring me? o already said that. 2 times.

Yup ... Sharon and I honeymooned in Hawaii in Oct of 72 ... AFTER dc season was over ... LOL ... and we're still together ... went back in 95 with our daughters and in 2007 for our 35th ... maybe next year again ... HOO HAA!

we know who has the money.

Donna and I honeymooned in Niagara Falls June of 72..... (and we're still together)

Memories of Lewisburg (Bucknell) in the late 70s or so. Before the campus built up right by the stadium there used to be a small chapel on the other side of the stadium from the highway. Sure as bleep there was a wedding there the day of the show and we were in the field between the chapel and stadium. Still remember groomsmen coming out and yelling at us to shut up and we just shook our heads like "ain't happening". Hmmmm.... usually we practiced a few miles north of the college at a local school but that one year we were at the college. Must have been a perk for getting higher up the DCA ladder.