Do you mean that idiot Bill O'Reilly from "The O'Reilly Factor"???

I went to High School with him at Chaminade.

I always laugh at him talking about growing up in the "mean streets" of Levittown LI.

Cookie Kamerdin went to school there too (from Sun - American in Paris soloist at the same time.

I used to feel embarrassed that he was an O'Reilly - of course he got into Harvard and I went to the USAF after a year of St John's, so I guess if he says I'm the idiot you can believe whom you wish to believe.

i'll go with bill being an idiot. at least you served our country.

So Ray... Baldwin's are from Syracuse... (North Syracuse actually) they visit often... you from Syracuse or did they move into the area back when?

Their Mother (with the help of the boys) has made ads for Wegmans... this happened after one of the boys went on a talk show and talked about their parents and they were asked if they are in CA and they said "No Mom would never leave Syracuse and move into an area without Wegman's Grocery stores." Not missing a beat - Wegman's hired her...

Edited by TomPeashey

Baldwin and his brothers were Long Island/NYC boys ... their mother (Carol) was originally from Syracuse and she moved back there with his sisters after his father died in 87 ... here's some of his bio:

Alec Baldwin was born in Amityville, Long Island, New York,[3][1][4][5] the eldest son of Carol Newcomb (née Martineau) and Alexander Rae Baldwin, Jr. (October 26, 1927 – April 15, 1983),[6] a high school history/social studies teacher and football coach.[1] Alec and his siblings were raised as Roman Catholics.[7] They are of English, Irish, Scottish, French, and German ancestry.[8][9][10] He has three younger brothers, Daniel, William, and Stephen, who also became actors. Alec also has two sisters: Mrs. Beth Keuchler (born 1955) and Mrs. Jane Sasso (born 1965).[11]

Baldwin attended Alfred G. Berner High School in Massapequa,[9] and played football there under Coach Bob Reifsnyder, who is in the College Football Hall of Fame. He also practiced with his father's high school rifle team, which shot .22 caliber smallbore rifles in the basement range at the Massapequa High School. In New York City, Baldwin worked as a busboy at the famous disco, Studio 54. From 1976 to 1979, he attended George Washington University, afterwards transferring to New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, where he studied with, among others, Geoffrey Horne and Mira Rostova at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute,[3] and, later still, being accepted as a member of the Actors Studio.[12] Baldwin would eventually return to NYU in 1994, graduating with a BFA that year. On May 12, 2010, he gave a commencement address at New York University and was awarded a Doctor of Fine Arts degree, honoris causa.[13]

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 2

So Ray... Baldwin's are from Syracuse... (North Syracuse actually) they visit often... you from Syracuse or did they move into the area back when?

Their Mother (with the help of the boys) has made ads for Wegmans... this happened after one of the boys went on a talk show and talked about their parents and they were asked if they are in CA and they said "No Mom would never leave Syracuse and move into an area without Wegman's Grocery stores." Not missing a beat - Wegman's hired her...

No Tom, these Baldwins came from the NYC area. Many years ago my Dad told me that when he was a kid, his "Granny Baldwin" had passed away and the viewing was actually held in the house here on Staten Island. I imagine the rest of the Baldwin clan made their way to the other island, the Island of Long, over the years. And as Andy has so vividly pointed out, Alec and his family were from Long Island. The connection is there, but it has been so many years that I don't have the inclination to really get into it. As for the Sasso connection that Nanci pointed out, I have no clue. But that wouldn't be the first time! LOL.

My dad's side of my family is of German heritage.

I've always been hesitant to do a genealogy search on that side of the family.

I'm not sure I want to know if I had an Uncle Klaus who was a "camp counselor" during the early 1940s, if you get my drift. :ninja:

Baldwin and his brothers were Long Island/NYC boys ... their mother (Carol) was originally from Syracuse and she moved back there with his sisters after his father died in 87 ... here's some of his bio:

Alec Baldwin was born in Amityville, Long Island, New York,[3][1][4][5] the eldest son of Carol Newcomb (née Martineau) and Alexander Rae Baldwin, Jr. (October 26, 1927 – April 15, 1983),[6] a high school history/social studies teacher and football coach.[1] Alec and his siblings were raised as Roman Catholics.[7] They are of English, Irish, Scottish, French, and German ancestry.[8][9][10] He has three younger brothers, Daniel, William, and Stephen, who also became actors. Alec also has two sisters: Mrs. Beth Keuchler (born 1955) and Mrs. Jane Sasso (born 1965).[11]

Baldwin attended Alfred G. Berner High School in Massapequa,[9] and played football there under Coach Bob Reifsnyder, who is in the College Football Hall of Fame. He also practiced with his father's high school rifle team, which shot .22 caliber smallbore rifles in the basement range at the Massapequa High School. In New York City, Baldwin worked as a busboy at the famous disco, Studio 54. From 1976 to 1979, he attended George Washington University, afterwards transferring to New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, where he studied with, among others, Geoffrey Horne and Mira Rostova at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute,[3] and, later still, being accepted as a member of the Actors Studio.[12] Baldwin would eventually return to NYU in 1994, graduating with a BFA that year. On May 12, 2010, he gave a commencement address at New York University and was awarded a Doctor of Fine Arts degree, honoris causa.[13]

I'm still waiting for Alec to move out of the USA, as he said he would do after the 2000 or 2004 election, I can't remember which.

Maybe someday he can join his pal Sean Penn in Cuba. LOL.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for Alec to move out of the USA, as he said he would do after the 2000 or 2004 election, I can't remember which.

Maybe someday he can join his pal Sean Penn in Cuba. LOL.

you are such a right winger. but i love ya anyway................. :augen51:

My dad's side of my family is of German heritage.

I've always been hesitant to do a genealogy search on that side of the family.

I'm not sure I want to know if I had an Uncle Klaus who was a "camp counselor" during the early 1940s, if you get my drift. :ninja:

Sorry to go off topic. My mother is of German heritage and moved to Canada in the late 1940`s. A cousin did a genealogy chart from the 1700`s. A male was named Johann until 1927 when Mom and her twin were born. They had a older sister. 3 sisters. Not one was named Joanne :ninja:

Meanwhile, back at Post 199 (where the latest photo was taken): This drummer is very well-known in the NYC metropolitan area from the small parade and standstill corps he started in, to his days in the Yankee Tunesmiths ancients as well as the Colonials (formerly of Bethpage) and also the New York Ancients. He played a season or two with Sky, was in the Sky Alumni Corps, and as you can see in the photo, he is now going to try his hand with us at the Cabs Alumni. He is a cardiologist by profession, and when a member of the Kilties collapsed on the field at DCA a few years ago, he bolted onto the field to try to help.

Don, you may not know him at all, but around here he is quite well-known for his drumming talent. Just about every drummer in these parts has heard of Javier _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

My wife says that she and many other women in these parts could name him in a "heartbeat!" :tounge2:

Edited by cabalumnidrummer
  • Like 1