now, I'm trying to remember.... he wasn't in Hurcs then.... I think he did that when he was with Fitchburg, right?

He was with the Hurcs ... he did the "bucket bit" at DCA Finals in 81 at Franklin Field which had artificial turf ... so he mimicked Park's baton toss and "stick" into a bucket of sand ... hilarious ... Pepe portrayed Reginald Van Gleason while with Fitchburg around 1988 ... again ... hilarious ...

:-)

• Like 1

He was with the Hurcs ... he did the "bucket bit" at DCA Finals in 81 at Franklin Field which had artificial turf ... so he mimicked Park's baton toss and "stick" into a bucket of sand ... hilarious ... Pepe portrayed Reginald Van Gleason while with Fitchburg around 1988 ... again ... hilarious ...

:-)

One of a kind. Thanx for clearing that up for me. What a riot he was!

Just a heads up.... I'm off to the NY State Fair tomorrow..... so, I'll post the next feature on Sunday.
(3 generations :me, Mom and my daughter invading the fair) Uh Oh. LOL
I think I'll wear my Sky Alumni tank and bring my Sky Alumni (one of a kind) jacket.

OMG! You just made me remember a hilarious Pepe moment.

When he stabbed that lil baton in the bucket of sand.... all Parks style an sheet. LMAO

Yes ma'am - Hurcs - 1981 Franklin Field. (if you don't believe me, ask corps Historian Mr. Fish)

What a riot.

Better part of that?

He had a parrot (stuffed) sitting on his shoulder during warm-ups (inside stadium) and ripped its head off as the corps turned to perform.

Listen to his solo in "Swing Swing Swing" that year (on the Pepephone)

It doesn't have any actual notes - it's like an Air Raid siren!

Notating it was nuts.

Funniest guy I ever met.

Always thought he could stand on stage with Robin Williams and hold his own.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

Just a heads up.... I'm off to the NY State Fair tomorrow..... so, I'll post the next feature on Sunday.

(3 generations :me, Mom and my daughter invading the fair) Uh Oh. LOL

I think I'll wear my Sky Alumni tank and bring my Sky Alumni (one of a kind) jacket.

If you're wearing the Sky jacket walking around the State Fair and you get near any live-stock, wait until there's people around you and when a bovine specimen lets loose with a big "Moooo" casually say "Pull out"...

Yes ma'am - Hurcs - 1981 Franklin Field. (if you don't believe me, ask corps Historian Mr. Fish)

What a riot.

Better part of that?

He had a parrot (stuffed) sitting on his shoulder during warm-ups (inside stadium) and ripped its head off as the corps turned to perform.

Listen to his solo in "Swing Swing Swing" that year (on the Pepephone)

It doesn't have any actual notes - it's like an Air Raid siren!

Notating it was nuts.

Funniest guy I ever met.

Always thought he could stand on stage with Robin Williams and hold his own.

He was a riot!! See? This is what today's Drum Corps is SO missing. There doesn't seem to be anyone that stands out. No real showmen anymore.

No Winky, Pepe, George Parks, Konga, Butch, Jumpin Joe, .....etc... you get my drift.....

• Like 2

OMG! You just made me remember a hilarious Pepe moment.

When he stabbed that lil baton in the bucket of sand.... all Parks style an sheet. LMAO

Hurcs 81 in Philly...field was astroturf and George couldnt spike the mace

Like he said... :cool:

we know jeff. you trying to build your post count?

• Like 1