"Have it Your Way":

I 'believe' it was called..................

.....................Arnolds? :shutup:

Elphaba :flower:

Ok, I can't get an answer on facebook.... So, I'll ask you fine folks.

What's the name of that Indian Fight song..... I've always called it the Indian Fight song. But, there must be a proper name for it. It can't be that simple, can it?

FSU's "war chant" was first heard in its current form in 1984, although its roots extend back some two decades.

In the 1960s, members of FSU's Marching Chiefs band chanted the melody of a popular cheer, "Massacre," during football games. In a sense, "Massacre" was the long version of the current war chant.

During a football game against Auburn in 1984, the Marching Chiefs began to perform the cheer. Some students behind the band joined in and continued the "war chant" portion after the band had ceased. The result, which was not very melodic at the time, sounded more like chants by American Indians in Western movies. Most say it came from the fraternity section, but many spirited FSU fans added the "chopping" motion, a repetitious bend at the elbow, to symbolize a tomahawk swinging down.

• Like 1

OK, we need some guesses...

#### sapiens, biped, male, over 21, french horn, friend of Fish's.

Just based on the last info, there can't be that many...

I'm guessing (remember I guessed Pete Emmons out of the Blue)

I'm guessing, Gene Rayburn.

OK, we need some guesses...

#### sapiens, biped, male, over 21, french horn, friend of Fish's.

Just based on the last info, there can't be that many...

I'm guessing (remember I guessed Pete Emmons out of the Blue)

I'm guessing, Gene Rayburn.

Wait a second, it's Latin - it means "Man"

Why are you doofusses censoring "####"

What the #### is wrong with you people?

FSU's "war chant" was first heard in its current form in 1984, although its roots extend back some two decades.

In the 1960s, members of FSU's Marching Chiefs band chanted the melody of a popular cheer, "Massacre," during football games. In a sense, "Massacre" was the long version of the current war chant.

During a football game against Auburn in 1984, the Marching Chiefs began to perform the cheer. Some students behind the band joined in and continued the "war chant" portion after the band had ceased. The result, which was not very melodic at the time, sounded more like chants by American Indians in Western movies. Most say it came from the fraternity section, but many spirited FSU fans added the "chopping" motion, a repetitious bend at the elbow, to symbolize a tomahawk swinging down.

FSU has the "CHOP" and UF has the "CHOMP", as in a gator biting yer ars. Univ. of Miami just has post game mauling in the parking lot. :tounge2:

• Like 1

Almost right ... he played the FH solo in Semper Paratus

:-)

So - not Gene Rayburn?

FH Solo in Semper Paratus":

Did he ever enter "Individuals"? I don't remember ever seeing him compete at any of the shows we went to.

If he did I know he would have been a serious contender.

Elphaba