I'm with Nanci

I'm with Nanci

Suck-up!

Ed Denon?

I think it looks more like Tiny Frankenburg. (Actually, they may have been the same guy. I never saw them together.)

The only way you could see them together was from Space!

O M G!

Enough already. I have way too much real life drama to deal with.

I have an ailing parent whose care is entrusted to me 24 hours a day which is why I have a long distance relationship.... haven't even physically seen him in almost 5 years. But, I don't come on this thread to ##### about all my personal problems.This thread wasn't set up or nurtured a long all these years to be some kind of crying towel. As far as I know, this wasn't even the scene of the so called crime.

I've fought off folks in the past that tried to use this thread as their personal peeing post.Those of you that have been here know I've protected this thread.This isn't the case here. Apperently, this has nothing what so ever to do with this thread and everything to do with the rules set by this website. When we all signed up here, we agreed to abide. Does the punishment seem a bit extreme.... sure. But, "I" didn't write the rules here.

This "THREAD" is supposed to be a place to pay homage and teach / learn about Drum Corps folks and Drum Corps history.... share laughs and have fun, Give kudos to those who came before or marched along side.....

If we "as a community" can't get back on topic here, what's the point?

Can we ban together here and get back on track or should I request that the website shut down the thread?

Sheesh I used to count on coming here as a bit of a release..... I used to so look forward to the clever clues that were given without actually giving away the featured person. I also loved learning or sharing history about the featured Corps or Corps person....

Well said Madame.

I for one apologize.

My fingers are sealed.

Lay on, MacDuff, and fie on him who first cries "Hold, enough!"

i.e. I'm ready to suck at identifying a new picture.

Jeff, I apologize for pushing back so hard.

No mo. Sorry.

I only remember the one from the (What were they, The Lindenaires?) but I gotta admit, this is the funniest thing I've read here so far.

Nice work Ray. :)

Hmmm ... now I'm not sure if Tiny was with the Lindenaires or the Islanders (the 7-Up corps) ... it got to a point where they had to roll him around in a wheelchair at shows ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Hmmm ... now I'm not sure if Tiny was with the Lindenaires or the Islanders (the 7-Up corps) ... it got to a point where they had to roll him around in a wheelchair at shows ...

It was The Lindenaires from Lindenhurst, LI.. Tiny was large to say the least. Think he had a special vehicle to get him around to shows.

These small town corps knew how to develop talent.

I wrote this here some time back:

There’s a corps missing from that breeding ground list. Tiny Frankenbergs Lindenaires. Amazing how many children learned the ropes in these corps and moved on up to the big leagues.

Jimmy O’Hara cut his teeth in the Riptides and later moved on to SAC and Sun I believe. Tommy Fagan from the Lindenaire’s made the move to Selden and took over the role Frank Buscemi held for so many years. Gary Quigley, a snare from the Lindenaire’s also found a home, all be it way too short in the eastern end of Long Island.

The Babylon Islanders also provided fuel to the roaring fires with guys like Chuck Ohlmiller, Tom Beresford, Bill Gallagher, Carl Goodwin, Dave King and others.

There were many parade corps also in that breeding ground that fed the larger corps talent.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

The Islanders became the 7-Up corps by way of Chuck (Sky) Ohlmillers dad Charlie knowing people at the local distributor. He got the sponsorship and uniforms for them.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

I don't remember much about the "Lindenair's". Heck for a while I thought they were from Linden, NJ, (maybe because I was from Jersey)

BUT, unlike Selden Cadet's that got sponsored by Pepsi. (they just added a Pepsi bottle cap Patch on one sleeve and a Pepsi Flag). The "Islanders" had those Kelly Green and Orange Uniforms. You could not miss or forget them.

There (Long Island) had a lot of Corps back then. I bet, Almost enough to have a Circuit of their own. ( Queensmen, Selden Cadets, Floyd Bennet, St. Ignatius, Royaleers, Islanders, Linenairs, too name some. Then add Seniors Sunrisers, Etc.)

I don't remember much about the "Lindenair's". Heck for a while I thought they were from Linden, NJ, (maybe because I was from Jersey)

BUT, unlike Selden Cadet's that got sponsored by Pepsi. (they just added a Pepsi bottle cap Patch on one sleeve and a Pepsi Flag). The "Islanders" had those Kelly Green and Orange Uniforms. You could not miss or forget them.

There (Long Island) had a lot of Corps back then. I bet, Almost enough to have a Circuit of their own. ( Queensmen, Selden Cadets, Floyd Bennet, St. Ignatius, Royaleers, Islanders, Linenairs, too name some. Then add Seniors Sunrisers, Etc.)

2B, there was a Lindenaires from Lindenwold, NJ. competing in 64 and 65 per CorpsReps.