We're not getting much snow here in the Baltimore area... but in solidarity with my friends up North, I made french toast for dinner. :tongue:

Seriously... I hope everyone up that way stays safe.

It's @#$*ing snowing like a mother@#$*er up here!

Picked the wrong week for @#$*ing Puerto Rico.

I'm a dumb @#$*!

• Like 4

In case anyone was worried...

I lived through the epic shovel out - took me about 5 hrs.

For those of you that were not concerned at all.

{insert Bronx Cheer sound\

That's all...

• Like 2

A friend sent me this link and I thought many of you would enjoy it The sax soloist in the first number would give Lenny Pickett (TOP/SNL) a good run for the money.

There's also a T-bone solo in the second number I thought Ray F. would appreciate.

Down the list, they do a takeoff on Sing Sing Sing as Sing Sang Sung and Count Bubba's Revenge is an exercise that must be heard.

Good musicianship displayed in this one:

Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/gtSjPUkDVT8?list=RDgtSjPUkDVT8

Edited by gsksun4

Ah, yes, Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band.

In case you didn't know, he actually arranged a part of last year's Blue Devils show, with our old corpsmate, Wayne Downey.

If theses guys could march they'd be dangerous.

Small world once again. I notice in the song Jazz Police @ 5:44, the drummer Bernie Dresel formerly with Brian Setzer, steals a bit of Ringo's Abbey Road solo.

All good musicians on this and the leader Gordon mentions that many of them worked at Disneyland, marching through the streets. So maybe they are that dangerous.

Bonus for Trumpets/Leads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu3X6R5BIDQ

Edited by gsksun4

If theses guys could march they'd be dangerous.

These guys can march!

Lead trumpet Wayne Bergeron came from the Lakewood Diplomats, and also did a brief stint with the Velvet Knights.

2nd trumpet Danny Fornero is the son of the Kenosha Kingsmen BM Bob Fornero. He learned to play in the Kiltie Kadets, and marched the 1974 season in the Kilties before going on to bigger gigs.

Edited by HornsUp

hope everyone is enjoying the winter... all's well here as we await another storm tomorrow into Monday... fortunately, late tomorrow morning Karen and I will be heading south in advance of the storm and escaping for a couple of weeks - celebrating our 46th Anniversary... (yes, she's a saint for putting up with both me and drum corps) Cruising thanks to Bob Cardaneo's Cruise One and good buddy Ken MacLean... see you all after the 15th...

• Like 1

hope everyone is enjoying the winter... all's well here as we await another storm tomorrow into Monday... fortunately, late tomorrow morning Karen and I will be heading south in advance of the storm and escaping for a couple of weeks - celebrating our 46th Anniversary... (yes, she's a saint for putting up with both me and drum corps) Cruising thanks to Bob Cardaneo's Cruise One and good buddy Ken MacLean... see you all after the 15th...

Ya see? This is a wise man...

I go to Puerto Rico - come back - and 3 days later the biggest storm of the year.

Tom times his tour, months in advance, to avoid a storm.

Say hi to Ken MacLean - we had many many good discussions/debates about brass playing, most often about how the judging community could love the way that Sky played - he just about convinced me a few times.

And of course the reality is that I should have been talking about how MY team played - stupidity of youth.

And of course Mr Cardaneo, who was one of the guys judging these groups correctly while I was trying to change the conversation to other groups.

Have a great cruise - put your feet up - put on the 1965 Grey Knight Crusaders and bask a little.

Edited by rayfallon

46 years!!! Congratulations!!!

Edited by Fran Haring