hope everyone is enjoying the winter... all's well here as we await another storm tomorrow into Monday... fortunately, late tomorrow morning Karen and I will be heading south in advance of the storm and escaping for a couple of weeks - celebrating our 46th Anniversary... (yes, she's a saint for putting up with both me and drum corps) Cruising thanks to Bob Cardaneo's Cruise One and good buddy Ken MacLean... see you all after the 15th...

CONGRATS!! Happy 46th! Here's to MANY, MANY more my friend!!! (Freddy wishes he was going with youse guys! LOL)

• Like 1

46 years is quite an accomplishment.

Congratulations and best wishes for another 46.

Ray ... I have to ask ... where did your avatar come from ... I always assumed it was your grandson ... but, last night I saw it used on one of the Superbowl commercials

Ray ... I have to ask ... where did your avatar come from ... I always assumed it was your grandson ... but, last night I saw it used on one of the Superbowl commercials

No idea - found it on Google or somewhere.

I'm not smart enough to make an avatar out of something meaningful.

By the way, speaking of "not smart enough" - it's snowing like the end of the world up here again.

I didn't appreciate what I was missing out on in New England while I wasn't here.

Of course, just as Tom has most of us with 46 years, pretty sure he has us beat with snow most years too.

• Like 1

normally Ray Upstate NY wins... we won't beat Buffalo this year... but got more than our share...

oh and it's about 90 out just off the Virgin Islands today headed for a day in St. Maarten tomorrow...

I must apologize to Freddie but his place was with his father...

• Like 2

OK which commercial as I saw it too but can't remember. Weird part is the only part of the game I really saw was the last few minutes and a few times I tuned in for the score. Just up for something funny so watched one of our Jeff Dunham DVDs for the umpteenth time.

Did catch the Dodge commercial with the 90+ crowd. Thought it was a "deep thought" ad until the guy said "Don't B####". Had to rewind the DVR so Kris could catch it and I could hear what I missed after that line (laughing too hard).

LOL no Cruise for us and found out the hard way why house breaking a puppy (avatar) over Winter is a bad idea. You can just see her thinking "Dang, I know the spot is here somewhere but can't smell it. Oh well I can smell it better inside so I'll wait until dad ain't looking." Good news is going out for dinner tonight with the in laws for Kris birthday a day early. After the mess last year it's kind of a victory celebration too.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

normally Ray Upstate NY wins... we won't beat Buffalo this year... but got more than our share...

oh and it's about 90 out just off the Virgin Islands today headed for a day in St. Maarten tomorrow...

Freddy is sitting here in MD, looking over my shoulder, and wondering why he's not going to St Maarten tomorrow! LOL (Freddy's "father" is Hairbear / Steve, I'm his Uncle Tony..... heh)

90 - what a coincidence - that's how high the snow is stacked outside my livingroom window (90").

When you shovel you have to pile it somewhere - that window always wins.

I could be in St Maarten tomorrow, but then I'd have to pay to stay somewhere - plus there's going to be more snow to shovel and I'd hate to miss it. (#### #### #### #### !!!!)

OK which commercial as I saw it too but can't remember. Weird part is the only part of the game I really saw was the last few minutes and a few times I tuned in for the score. Just up for something funny so watched one of our Jeff Dunham DVDs for the umpteenth time.

Did catch the Dodge commercial with the 90+ crowd. Thought it was a "deep thought" ad until the guy said "Don't B####". Had to rewind the DVR so Kris could catch it and I could hear what I missed after that line (laughing too hard).

LOL no Cruise for us and found out the hard way why house breaking a puppy (avatar) over Winter is a bad idea. You can just see her thinking "Dang, I know the spot is here somewhere but can't smell it. Oh well I can smell it better inside so I'll wait until dad ain't looking." Good news is going out for dinner tonight with the in laws for Kris birthday a day early. After the mess last year it's kind of a victory celebration too.

My method for breaking puppies is related to my method for breaking kittens.

For cats I use a catapult - check wind speed and direction - do the math - aim it for the neighbor's pool.

Puppies you have to use a dogapult, but same general principle.

Make fewer allowances for wind direction, but more for drag.

• Like 2