I woulda thought Sun was still in their Cadet uni's in 72".....am I wrong?

They did have the Cadet unis that season.

It's not Reading ... this is the Jr portion of the 78 Dream ... it's either the Crossmen or Royal Brigade ... the tape starts with Garfield ... then the blue corps then Northstar ... then the Bridgemen ...

I'm guessing Royal Brigade.

Crossmen's uniforms were not light blue, from what I recall.

I think Sun switched to the "blouse-style" tops in 1974??

I know they had them that season, through 1979. (OK... technically through 1980.... but we won't talk about that "rainbow cape and sashes" disaster year. LOL)

1981... the corps went to the orange tunic tops.

The Aussie hats replaced the shakos in 1976.

At least when I was there... starting in 1977... the blouse-style tops weren't satin. More like a polyester blend.

• Like 2

Going off-topic a bit to wish a happy birthday today to my twin older brothers, Lenny and Marty Haring!!!

They both got started in drum corps in the 1960s.... with the Raiders of 88 junior corps in Highland Park, NJ, the next town over from where we lived in Edison.

Then a year for both in the Little Falls Cadets... 1968, the corps' last year on the field. Lenny then joined the Sacred Heart Crusaders of Manville, NJ, while Marty joined the service... he enlisted in the Air Force.

Both marched with Sunrisers in 1974 and '75.... Marty then retired from marching while Lenny stayed with Sun through 1987. He was the corps' director for several years in the 1980s.

Interesting that Marty's youngest son... my nephew Bryan... also has his birthday today.

Bryan is, shall we say, a bit younger than Marty and Lenny. :tongue:

• Like 1

74 the corps had the white satin blouses ,I was drum major that year and worn the cadet uniform .

That video was posted by Bill Fulson, bass bari in the Queensmen and contra in the Sunrisers until about 1965.

If that's the Sunrisers, he has the wrong year in the title. if it's not, then who?

Whoa! I think I just realized who the Sun look-alikes are. Here's a hint:

One of those rifles has been teaching the Blue Devils guard for the past 30 years, and her daddy played in Lt. Norman Prince.

If I'm right, the year is '78, I believe. The uniform colors are a bit distorted, also.

But I still don't know who the "blue" dervish corps is.

Edited by ironlips
  • Like 1

That video was posted by Bill Fulson, bass bari in the Queensmen and contra in the Sunrisers until about 1965.

If that's the Sunrisers, he has the wrong year in the title. if it's not, then who?

One of those rifles has been teaching the Blue Devils guard for the past 30 years, and her daddy played in Lt. Norman Prince.

Would that be the daughter of a Mr. Dick Doucette?

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

If I'm right, the year is '78, I believe. The uniform colors are a bit distorted, also.

But I still don't know who the "blue" dervish corps is.

North Star with T.J. Doucette. Makes sense, growing up in Mass.

The blue corps must be Royal Brigade because the others mentioned didn't match the uniform.

I found plenty of NS pics that fit the bill, and can see why Bill thought Sun, especially with that poor quality video. But not the 72 Dream. As Andy stated, it's 78.

Edited by gsksun4