If this is the corps I think it is, they are on the list of corps who made DCI Finals only once.

Yes, they were only once to the Big Dance, but a certain gorgeous blonde soloist made her national debut there, and returned for several encores in subsequent years.

I guess you can say she was more than just Three Times a Lady then?

Edited by gsksun4

I guess you can say she was more than just Three Times a Lady then?

He's here all week, folks. :tounge2:

He's here all week, folks. :tounge2:

Tickets are on e-bay ...

:augen51:

Sorry guys, I'm all out of clues I guess.

Well ... it ain't the Mariners ...

:-)

• Like 1

Stockton, CA was an important USN port until its demobilization, beginning in the '90s. During its heyday its no surprise that it would produce a drum corps with a nautical theme.

At one time, they were among the best of the California corps and regularly outpointed the more familiar big names with which we are familiar today.

When they began to decline (along with the city itself as the Viet Nam conflict wound down), many alums sailed off to Concord, Sacramento and Santa Clara.

More recently, quite a few have "un-retired ", joined JOBE (the Jim Ott Brass Ensemble, directed by that blonde girl), and much of Jim's music is once again heard in the neighborhood, with a little help from his friends.

The importance of the original corps comes into focus when one realizes the impact Jim Ott had on the entire activity. These folks were his proving ground. The Blue Devils and Spirit of Atlanta, not to mention all the corps they influenced, would have had a very different history, methinks.

• Like 1