To Fran, Frank and all of the past Sunrisers on here, my condolences on the passing of Nate... he was one special guy and all Sunriser...

Thank you for your kind words Tom..... Nat was one hell of a great guy, one of the most dedicated Sunrisers I knew of and a very good friend. Very sorry we've lost another one way too young.

• Like 2

Sorry for the off-topic interruption here....

But if you could, please keep my brother-in-law Wayne Poulsen in your thoughts.

Wayne's been with the Caballeros Alumni corps (drum line) for the past 10 years or so... he marched with the Cabs in 1972 and '73, and also marched with the Manville Crusaders junior corps, among others.

He is seriously ill... and we could use all the positive mojo we can get.

Thank you all.

wow I hope he's Okay. Wayne lived across the street from me in Milltown, NJ. I was 12 years old and he asked me if I wanted to come down and join a "Drum Corps". didn't know what it was but it was 1967 and i joined the Raiders of 88 with Bucky Swan as my first horn instructor.

Thank you for your kind words Tom..... Nat was one hell of a great guy, one of the most dedicated Sunrisers I knew of and a very good friend. Very sorry we've lost another one way too young.

And then there were 9.

• Like 2

I am hoping TennTux will drop a couple of photos here soon.

I sent him some candidates recently.

Apologies for my delayed reply.....

Let's take one of the easier ones first. (and one that NanciD has previously posted before, though it was quite a while ago...)

Corps:

Year:

Where:

Who:

FTD has asked if anyone could name the judge for a BONUS!

GW%20From%20FTD02.jpg

:ninja:

Tony!

PM'ed my guesses to you..I don't want to embarrass myself - Good guesses though.

Pat

• Like 1

OK... I know the corps, and the soprano player in the middle.

It looks like it's at a DCI championship..... so, since the soprano player marched with this corps from 1978 through 1982, it's one of those years. LOL.

The judge?

I'm gonna take a wild stab at this and guess either Gene Bennett or Barry Swain. I could be so far off base that I'm not even near the field. :tongue:

• Like 1

Fran ... I think Swain is a good choice ... and I think Montreal 81 Prelims is the show in the pic ... according to From The Pressbox, he judged prelims in 81 and finals in 82 ... as far as the player, I have a sudden craving for a CHEZburger @ D'Amico's in GARFIELD ...

:-)

• Like 2

Tony!

PM'ed my guesses to you..I don't want to embarrass myself - Good guesses though.

Pat

OK folks!!

Since Tony confirmed my PM - I'll reveal my "guesses" .

Year is 1982

corps is; Really???

Where is: McGill Stadium in Montreal - (daytime - must be prelims)

Who: Al Chez

The judge: Saw him a number of times that summer here in the hinterlands - Madison legend Jim Elvord!! (my other guess was Cecil Austin - sorry Doc - no offense intended.)

Called '82 because that's the summer I remember Jim doing a lot of DCM shows, including prelims at DeKalb.

Pat

• Like 1