Oh very well ... John Braca ... and I was wrong on one part of his background ... Dennis Banks was the 1st contra player in St. Raphael's (#2 overall in jr corps) ... then John joined him when they went to two baby Getzens ... Hey ... Only 50 years ago!

I worked with Dennis for quite a while at Hurcs and never knew that he was one of the first CBs...

I imagine I was in the top couple of hundred when Oceanside bought ours.

Maybe less than a thousand anyway...

My son inherited (from someone) a "baby Getzen" brass lacquer (although it looked like it had been used as a jeep bumper by the time he had it) that purported to be that first St Raphaels' horn. He hung it on his wall as he was (back then) a student and devotee of the regal contra bass.

Then he got married and I think the horn was simply too ugly to hang on the wall - not sure where it went after that.

Now he thinks of himself as a "tuba guy"...

We continue to evolve... well... most of us... (some of us?)

My son inherited (from someone) a "baby Getzen" brass lacquer (although it looked like it had been used as a jeep bumper by the time he had it) that purported to be that first St Raphaels' horn. He hung it on his wall as he was (back then) a student and devotee of the regal contra bass.

Ray ... if you ever find it, check the serial number on it ... the closer you get to "1" (like maybe "2") the better knowing you'll be if it was St. Ray's ... hmmm ... was that even a sentance? ... anyway, if you think back to those early CB days, brass lacquer was used less and less ... maybe it's Archie's CB! ... wouldn't that be a hoot! ...

:-)

Ray ... if you ever find it, check the serial number on it ... the closer you get to "1" (like maybe "2") the better knowing you'll be if it was St. Ray's ... hmmm ... was that even a sentance? ... anyway, if you think back to those early CB days, brass lacquer was used less and less ... maybe it's Archie's CB! ... wouldn't that be a hoot! ...

Just remember who brought that beautiful brass lacquer back, baby!

My very own Bayonne Bridgemen in 1978!

I was so geared up to use brass...

Corps sponsors probably wanted to kill us (had to replace them all to do it).

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 492 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

Guess Who # 492 ?

again no clue. so i'm out. i'll just follow along.

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

Guess Who # 492 ?

Well, I didn't go to high school with him but he's not just some regular joe either...

again no clue. so i'm out. i'll just follow along.

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that, I'd be a wealthy man son

Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.

Lisko it's your fault you used Nickel and Son in the same sentence.....

Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.

Lisko it's your fault you used Nickel and Son in the same sentence.....

Now THAT is the way to put together clues ... longtime SRGB bari and loooonnngggeeerrrr time Hurricane ... if he's not in their HOF, he should be!