Now THAT is the way to put together clues ... longtime SRGB bari and loooonnngggeeerrrr time Hurricane ... if he's not in their HOF, he should be!

:-)

You are right on that Andy....his "loooonnnggg" Hurricane career played out over four decades, beginning in 1970!......not just as a lead bari but as an instructor and board member of the Alumni Association as well...and he is indeed in the Hurc HOF :worthy:/>

Now THAT is the way to put together clues ... longtime SRGB bari and loooonnngggeeerrrr time Hurricane ... if he's not in their HOF, he should be!

"Brother Can You Spare a 'Nickel":

I also know "Who" this guy is, what year the pix was taken, and "Who" is in that shot (The unmasked John Braca is to his left) with him.. I believe he is aalso an "Original" member of St Raphaels, and spent an eternity in the Hurcs.

Over to you Mr Lisko....

Elphaba

Ray ... if you ever find it, check the serial number on it ... the closer you get to "1" (like maybe "2") the better knowing you'll be if it was St. Ray's ... hmmm ... was that even a sentance? ... anyway, if you think back to those early CB days, brass lacquer was used less and less ... maybe it's Archie's CB! ... wouldn't that be a hoot! ...

"First With the Contra":

The 'first corps' to actually field the brand new Getzen contra bass bugles were the Garfield Cadets (Had two of them) St Raphaels Buccaneers (Played by Dennis Banks), The USAF "Bolling AFB" Enlisted drum corps, and the Hawthorne Caballeros.

Garfield "May" have been the first to have actually used one in a contest, the Drum Corps News standstill at the old Masque Theatre in Newark NJ.

St Raphaels also competed in the DCN series, earlier at Boston Garden, but my crystal ball is unclear as to them having their contra bass yet....

Elphaba

as usual......no clue as the pictures were pre-my existence LOL

as usual......no clue as the pictures were pre-my existence LOL

Google, baby ... Google ... that's one sure way to learn ... that's how I learn about your Westshore cohorts and all the Upstate, MA, MD, PA and other folks I never knew ... GOOGLE!!!! ... you'll be glad you did!

Right My Queen?

This picture makes him look taller than I remember him...

Great Hurricane - never once remember him putting anything in front of the corps' best interests.

Never a superstar - just an average Joe, but gave 100% - 100% of the time.

I knew that that group was going to be special when they started scheduling their own rehearsals at Limo's garage and no one (repeat NO ONE) would miss that weekly sectional.

In 1980 we went a stretch of 16 rehearsals and had 1 (one) player miss 1 (one) rehearsal.

Occasionally had to turn the volume dial to the left here and there, but what a group, many of whom had never played prior to the late '70s.

And he and Richie were pretty much the cornerstones of those baris.

Edited by rayfallon

Google, baby ... Google ... that's one sure way to learn ... that's how I learn about your Westshore cohorts and all the Upstate, MA, MD, PA and other folks I never knew ... GOOGLE!!!! ... you'll be glad you did!

Right My Queen?

You betcha, Baby!

Right My Queen?

Andy,

I came from RAMD. telling me to google is a very bad thing.

Andy,

I came from RAMD. telling me to google is a very bad thing.

Okay ... then use AltaVista ...