Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who # 500 ?
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2814/10142126583_9413346f5f_o.jpg
(click on pic to enlarge)

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 500 ?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2814/10142126583_9413346f5f_o.jpg

(click on pic to enlarge)

To whom it may concern... this new format is more difficult and not as clean.

The old box popped up and asked me what link and what to title the link. This doesn't give that option at all.

Where it used to say, "Guess Who # 987?" used to be the title of the link I added.

And this is just one of my concerns here with the new format / changes.

We are mostly old here.... couldn't you leave this section of the site as is?

Just askin'? You know I try not to bother you folks. And I try not to bother you folks because this is such a personal thread. Many personal jokes and history are involved here. I have no idea how a moderator can pop in and know what is a diss and what is a joke between lifelong friends. I've been around forever and I'm sure I've missed a few. If I get a flag thrown my way, I investigate and take it from there... if things get out of hand or they don't take it seriously enough... then I bother you. And I'm sure we all thank you for jumping in when you have. This is a really personal thread.... many have been here and involved from the begininning......we've all paid homage and shared history of many here... that's the main reason for this thread. Some get carried away....

I can't emphasize the term "personal" enough. Folks share life long admiration for folks here. Inside jokes, all their musical background..... hangouts, what they've done since they left Drum Corps etc. It's all personal....

But, this new format is really weird now.

Edited by NanciD
  • Like 1

"Who's On First":

I KNOW "Who" this gentleman is(And I know I'm not the only one) but in accordance with Nan's request I won't blow his cover. I will only say that he is THE greatest living baritone bugle player. He (And a few others BITD) set the standard for baritone soloists.

Elphaba

"Who's On First":

I KNOW "Who" this gentleman is(And I know I'm not the only one) but in accordance with Nan's request I won't blow his cover. I will only say that he is THE greatest living baritone bugle player. He (And a few others BITD) set the standard for baritone soloists.

Elphaba

Thank you for proving my very point with this whole thread! We pay homage to the Drum Corps Gods before / among us and we explain why. We may drag these photo features out.... but, for good reason. Pay attention folks, you might learn a lil bit more about the history. For example: this man is a Legend! Stay tuned.... you'll learn more.... I'll bet you've heard him.

somebody tell me 2 things. why am i not getting my email alerts? i haven't seen one in 2 weeks. and how do i reply to a certain post? some help here please..............and where are the emoticons??????

Don't believe it for a moment!!!

It's a trap!!! You know he's always armed with a cam of some sort!!!

(is there an emoticon for two fingers pointing back and forth from my eyes to yours? lol)

Hi Nanci! SmileywavingfrombehindComputer.gif

Maybe? _imwatchinyou__by_cremecake.gif

photographe-3032.gif

somebody tell me 2 things. why am i not getting my email alerts? i haven't seen one in 2 weeks. and how do i reply to a certain post? some help here please..............and where are the emoticons??????

I've not received any email alerts since the software update either...

Click the "quote" in the lower right of the post you'd like to reply to...

When you reply/type in the dialog box, there you should see it at the top of the box. (if you don't see them click the little arrow (very small) on the top right of the "Reply" dialog box and the editing features will drop down. Click the little smiley and the list of the emoticon will pop up at the bottom of the dialog box. (left and right arrows will cycle through the emoticons available OR click the "Show All" at the bottom of the emoticons box.)

I hope that was accurate and not as difficult to understand as it was to type. :shutup:

And, BTW, iwas never too "priestly". Way back when, I was tossed out of classes to become an Altar Boy. Father "Pops" Grogan arrived a little early one Saturday morning and caught me and a couple of others sampling the sacramental wine. We all got the boot. Even then I knew I liked the vino!!

Disclamer: Just because I'm an Owner or Moderator of over a dozen sites / forums doesn't mean anything I've posted above is correct... Hopfully one of the DCP Mods will stop in and let us know if I was even close... heh