"Sounds & Songs":

If you want to hear HIM play that Getzen GD valve/slide baritone, get the 1962 Fleetwood pressing of "Portrait in Brass", the 1962 Skyliners. You'll find his bari solo on the flip of the concert side.

Al,so, grab the Fleetwood pressing of the 1962 USAF Bolling AFB Drum Corps. He's thye featured bari solist in "Summertime", their first concert offering.

Enjoy.

Elphaba

well i'm getting my alerts now. :bigsmile:

• Like 1

well i'm getting my alerts now. :bigsmile:

And I am not... :mellow:

A number of years ago, Barbara and I were at the Brass Band Festival in Gettysburg, PA, when we met the man who is our photo subject.

He was out in the parking lot, standing outside the car next to ours. He was there as part of a USAF reunion... and I recognized his face from seeing photos of him in drum corps publications. So... I introduced myself and Barbara to him... and we had a very nice chat.

Good man, and a drum corps icon.

• Like 2

He was also instrumental in the success of the Kansas Skyriders through many eras ...

:-)

• Like 1

And I am not... :mellow:

And now I am... :thumbs-up:

And now I am... :thumbs-up:

that's great. so now this thing works right?

that's great. so now this thing works right?

It always has.... We just needed to re-set our settings... (Which, in my experience, happens quite a lot with provider software updates.)

It always has.... We just needed to re-set our settings... (Which, in my experience, happens quite a lot with provider software updates.)

well the last chnge i didn't have to reset.

well the last chnge i didn't have to reset.

Apologies for still being OT...

If I understand it correctly (and if I do it just might be a first. LOL) the last provider software update (before this one) was a while ago, not a major update and the Mod team re-wrote some of the forum coding. This time, with this update, it was a lot more and it would take a lot of work to re-write board codes. Depending on the provider software programs used, some of those re-writes after major software update are a real pain in the... I have one of those "software updates" waiting for me over on one of my message boards / forums that I'm the Admin on and I'm not looking forward to what "can" happen after the update is downloaded. (again, I may not be accurate in my description, if I am way off hopefully one of the Mods can correct me.)

There is a board available (in the "DCP Member Service Center") for any questions or input about this...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/158075-new-forum-software/