At the first World Open in 1963, I watched the Syracuse Brigadiers and told my companions that I wished whoever wrote their drill could write for my corps.

At AL Nationals in 1964, I watched the Syracuse Brigadiers and again wished that whoever wrote their drill would write for my corps.

At the AL Uniformed Groups Congress that fall I met Corky Fabrizio, who introduced me to that drill writer.

It took me another three years to convince my corps director and staff to hire that drill writer.

His eye-catching and perfectly-timed maneuvers were a major reason our corps won back-to-back VFW Championships. We had the new G-F bugles, and F-G drill.

That drill writer is the third man in this photo.

ha also wrote the drill for the hamburg kings man.

yes... that was 1975

further... his Frito Lay job ended up moving him to Rochester to complete his working career...

in retirement he became a Florida Seminole... interestingly this reminded everyone of how good he actually was as that band rose to immediate prominence...

need more clues?

West Genesee Wildcats - helped start WGI...

Until his passing he stayed out of trouble driving school bus in St. Petersburg

Wasn't his brother involved in drum corps also?

:-)

Interestingly enough... I never knew a brother or any of his kids...

On the other hand - I absolutely worshipped the ground he walked on and to this day a big smile occurs when I drive past either his old house in Sherburne NY or his home on Chili Ave. in the Rochester suburb of Gates where I raised my family...

I also visited him in St. Petersburg after his retirement from Frito Lay.

Interestingly enough... I never knew a brother or any of his kids...

On the other hand - I absolutely worshipped the ground he walked on and to this day a big smile occurs when I drive past either his old house in Sherburne NY or his home on Chili Ave. in the Rochester suburb of Gates where I raised my family...

I also visited him in St. Petersburg after his retirement from Frito Lay.

i didn't know he lived on chili ave. my 2nd wife and i had a house on ardella street off lyell ave . next street over from howard rd. i'm surprised i never ran into him.

i didn't know he lived on chili ave. my 2nd wife and i had a house on ardella street off lyell ave . next street over from howard rd. i'm surprised i never ran into him.

Yes, he and his second wife Leota (big clue there) owned a home on the north side of Chili Ave. about halfway between I-390 and Howard Rd. only about 2 minutes from the airport.

However, you were closer to me - I built my home at 1060 Spencerport Rd (Lyell Ave.) halfway between Long Pond and Elmgrove Rds. - for some years I was a neighbor of Eddie Reese...

Yes, he and his second wife Leota (big clue there) owned a home on the north side of Chili Ave. about halfway between I-390 and Howard Rd. only about 2 minutes from the airport.

However, you were closer to me - I built my home at 1060 Spencerport Rd (Lyell Ave.) halfway between Long Pond and Elmgrove Rds. - for some years I was a neighbor of Eddie Reese...

and i never ran into you or eddie!!! i just can't believe it. how in the hell does that happen?

His eye-catching and perfectly-timed maneuvers were a major reason our corps won back-to-back VFW Championships. We had the new G-F bugles, and F-G drill.

I'm going to guess that the "F" here is the first letter of a word that cannot be used on DCP. :tongue:

I'm going to guess that the "F" here is the first letter of a word that cannot be used on DCP. :tongue:

Nope ... think of Wilma's husband on the Flintstone's ...

:-)