>> Reeses Peeses sez: Very good Don.

Wahcaloosencoochaleva, The Great Carrying Place or the English name, Fort Edward. Now name the corps.<<

Well ... if it ain't Santa Clara ... and it ain't Haddon Heights ... and it ain't Torrington ... and it ain't General Butler ... and it ain't Poughkeepsie ... then it must this corps ...

:-)

Well ... if it ain't Santa Clara ... and it ain't Haddon Heights ... and it ain't Torrington ... and it ain't General Butler ... and it ain't Poughkeepsie ... then it must this corps ...

Welcome back Andy.

Santa Clara??????????? Are you sure about that one?

Oops ... wrong "V" corps

My mother lived in Lake George and never missed the Ft. Edward Show. While she thoroughly enjoyed her "big boys" (Cadets, SCV, Blue Devils, Boston...etc.) her favorites were the groups she called "the entertainers".

That meant Dutch Boy and the San Jose Raiders, whose drum major, after conducting the finale of "Brasil" from the stands, turned around and presented her with a rose. Nice touch.

• Like 1

Very good Don.

Wahcaloosencoochaleva, The Great Carrying Place or the English name, Fort Edward. Now name the corps.

going out on a limb here. vagabonds?

My mother lived in Lake George and never missed the Ft. Edward Show. While she thoroughly enjoyed her "big boys" (Cadets, SCV, Blue Devils, Boston...etc.) her favorites were the groups she called "the entertainers".

That meant Dutch Boy and the San Jose Raiders, whose drum major, after conducting the finale of "Brasil" from the stands, turned around and presented her with a rose. Nice touch.

Jersey Surf was DCI Open Class when they first came. Practiced farther out in Ft. Ann, NY

Were you teaching/writing for San Jose at the time?

Were you teaching/writing for San Jose at the time?

Not sure if Frank was, but Dennis Aquilina (another good old Queens boy) was most likely on their staff ...

Actually, both Dennis and I were teaching; my pen, his technique, more or less.

That corps was a hoot. Most of them had never been out of CA and thought New York was all West Side Story and concrete canyons. When they saw the Adirondacks they were blown away.

>>Actually, both Dennis and I were teaching; my pen, his technique, more or less.<<

On one of my visits out to the Bay Area, we drove by the apt that he shared with you and Hardimon ... interesting tales for sure ...