CorpsReps has this photo listed as 1959.

sooooooooooooooooooo was i right? doesn't anybody give straight answers anymore???

Yup, the Fort Edward Vagabonds. The leaderhosen uniforms were an interim between the old satin blouse/shako unis of the 50's to the new satin blouse/gestapo hats of the 60's. Believe it or not they were well liked by the fans and the corps mebers. We even had a St. Bernard that marched with us.

• Like 1

Yup, the Fort Edward Vagabonds. The leaderhosen uniforms were an interim between the old satin blouse/shako unis of the 50's to the new satin blouse/gestapo hats of the 60's. Believe it or not they were well liked by the fans and the corps mebers. We even had a St. Bernard that marched with us.

Ah so it was you that submitted this! When I went back and looked at your clues, I noticed the corps name in your sig.....nice job!!!!!!!! Good clues you old Vagrant!

Edited by fish66

Ah so it was you that submitted this! When I went back and looked at your clues, I noticed the corps name in your sig.....nice job!!!!!!!! Good clues you old Vagrant!

I agree. The Bums/Dodgers was the door opener for me. Led me right to his signature.

Nice work Ed.

So... your lederhosen led naturally to Gestapo hats, Mr Reese? Is that your testimony?

• Like 2

Actually, both Dennis and I were teaching; my pen, his technique, more or less.

That corps was a hoot. Most of them had never been out of CA and thought New York was all West Side Story and concrete canyons. When they saw the Adirondacks they were blown away.

Of course you and I (separately) had the opposite of that story - when the Bridgemen traveled to the Rockies it was a weird reaction. Most of what they'd seen among them in the 70s were ant hills or piles of debris at construction sites.

• Like 1

So... your lederhosen led naturally to Gestapo hats, Mr Reese? Is that your testimony?

Sounds like a scene from "Judgment at Nuremberg." :tongue:

• Like 1