Of course you and I (separately) had the opposite of that story - when the Bridgemen traveled to the Rockies it was a weird reaction. Most of what they'd seen among them in the 70s were ant hills or piles of debris at construction sites.

Drum Corps culture shock.

It's all relative, as when NYC kids went to contests in PA in the '60s. My first ever show with St. Catherine's was in Emmaus in '62. It was so rural compared to St Albans I kept expecting to see cowboys and Indians.

Brings back memories with Memorial Day coming up. BITD it wasn't unusual for us to march a parade with the Empire State Grenadiers(to become the Interstatesmen), St. Joe's from Green Island(to become Avant Garde), any number of corps from Pittsfield like the Monarchs, Targets, Marksmen or the Boys Club Cavaliers, Continental Cadets from Cattskill, Speigleaires, Green Sabres, Hudson Falls Crusaders, Johnstown Fusiliers. Just to name a couple.

Man, those were the days.

• Like 1

Attention Please

I'm sorry to say that with all that I have on my plate right now
(working on both house and property, taking care of Mom, and my daughter's wedding is almost here)

It's just too much....

We are going to have to take about a month off. Just a short hiatus. If I can pop in and post a new feature here or there I will... just letting you all know.
Stay Cool and take care... See ya soon! HUGS!!

Drum Corps culture shock.

It's all relative, as when NYC kids went to contests in PA in the '60s. My first ever show with St. Catherine's was in Emmaus in '62. It was so rural compared to St Albans I kept expecting to see cowboys and Indians.

How 'bout them Amish fellahs?

Shades of two bus loads of Westshoremen going to New Orleans in 1978 going thru Alabama and seeing tarpaper shacks about 50-75 feet off the highway. Most quiet that bus was the whole way....

Everytime I hear John Cougars "Little Pink Houses" I think of it...

"...has an interstate running thru his front yard...."

• Like 1

Attention Please

I'm sorry to say that with all that I have on my plate right now

(working on both house and property, taking care of Mom, and my daughter's wedding is almost here)

It's just too much....

We are going to have to take about a month off. Just a short hiatus. If I can pop in and post a new feature here or there I will... just letting you all know.

Stay Cool and take care... See ya soon! HUGS!!

I'm sure a few of us have a couple of pics we could use..... OR, when left on our own one never knows exactly what might happen. LOL :w00t:

I'm sure a few of us have a couple of pics we could use..... OR, when left on our own one never knows exactly what might happen. LOL :w00t:

you know what happens when i'm left on my own. it's chaos.............LOL

soooooooooooo, Frank.....'62 was my first year in Archie.....if that wasn't culture shock, what is????????

Guido

• Like 1