Maybe we could share stories of the ....ahem.... "get-togethers" at Kevin Shea's house!!!! LOL

I remember they usually involved a ton of beer and various other, shall we say, "stuff." :tongue:

i brought a lot of that " stuff". were you there when wayne downey came? now that got really wild.

i brought a lot of that " stuff". were you there when wayne downey came? now that got really wild.

I missed the one with Wayne there.

I can only imagine. LOL

I missed the one with Wayne there.

I can only imagine. LOL

we tore down kevins house. wayne was so funny after he had some "Hawaiian stuff ". then he thanked me very much.

Because we're way off topic while Nanci is busy,

And because I'm not nearly cool enough to open a thread elsewhere on DCP - afraid that some nimrod like "Stu" would crack wise and I'd end the day wanting to wring his neck.

And because this is home...

I just want to take a second to commorate the meaning of Memorial Day, especially the folks from our activity that went in and either didn't come back, or didn't come back the same.

Like my horn instructor in Oceanside, virftuoso Sunriser Bass Baritone Billy Gallagher, who was drafted out of Julliard and took a round in the head as an MP at Da Nang. He came home, but never the same.

Like Mike Hart, whom many of this team (Fran, Tony, most of the 70s Sun guys) remember dressed in Cammies with hs jungle hat on at rehearsal. Airborne Medic with the 101st Screaming Eagles, Silver Star, 3 Bronze Stars, 2 Purple Hearts in 2 tours over there. He came home, but I know our Sun team will attest that he didn't make it all the way, at least the way he went over. Great to have around when a fight broke out though, and a guy that would do (literally) anything for you. What a lot of folks don't know about Mike is that as an EMT in Massachusetts, when Katrina hit NOLA, Mike took a year's vacation (6 weeks), rented his ambulance, and drove to Louisiana to help out with the injured, deceased, displaced. This is a man.

Don't want to get too serious, but just wanted to take 5 minutes to think about the folks we know from this special activity that gave it their all, and in come cases while changed forever, continue to give it their all every day.

There is far more to remember on Memorial Day than Death. I'm pretty sure that's the way these men and women would want us to remember today.

To Life. And never forget.

AMEN! Thank you Ray for posting.... :worthy:

I am very thankful for having Mike Hart on our side for sure.... This world would be in a LOT less crap if there were a few more Mike Harts in it.

AMEN! Thank you Ray for posting.... :worthy:

I am very thankful for having Mike Hart on our side for sure.... This world would be in a LOT less crap if there were a few more Mike Harts in it.

well my brother i'm in the world so there is more crap..............LOL

You guys know I worship John - I make it no secret. I would have loved to see a rehearse off between him and Bill Parcells.

John would do a measured "nutty" - pick on certain things or people to get their attention.

I know he took one on me in 1976 at Marist College.

I've probably told the story - he was in for a camp after a long time of not being around, during which I was running rehearsals. He had us play the middle of Procession, the part in "bugle Eb"

My fingers got all flugmucksed and he went off - called me a "disgrace" and told me not to come back until I knew the part (I actually knew everyone's part).

I walked out of the room without opening the door - I fit throught the space underneath it.

I'm betting rehearsal was pretty quiet during the 2 hours I was expelled.

But Frank could comment - I do believe that John brought a little extra to Sunriser rehearsals.

I was there (Marist in 76), John could word things in a way that "you" (everyone) understood what he meant and wanted from us. Sometimes the volume of those words could also rise above a whisper for sure...

And yes, (IIRC) it was "quieter" for a while after that "conversation" between you and John.

what happened here???? did this turn into the sunriser forum? did i go to bizzaro land? :tounge2: LOL

:bleah:

:shutup:

:bleah:

:shutup:

and where the hell have you been???

well my brother i'm in the world so there is more crap..............LOL

Just remember my "twin", *I* didn't say it... :shutup:

• Like 1

and where the hell have you been???

PARADING!..... (Well, Reilly was parading.... I was driving behind them while they were parading. LOL)

Saturday in Annville, PA

Monday in Bayonne, NJ and then Hawthorne, NJ.....

Photos to upload and post, and with the thunderstorms going through here, it takes a little longer....

Oh yeah, I was also with your "What's the score?" buddy too!! :thumbup:

*edited fer spellin'

Edited by TennTux
  • Like 1