Andy, it was the timing and I read a lot. Never intended to put anyone in there place. I always admired your input as well as Rays. You and I go back to Newark Schools Stadium with Selden and PAL and it was like yesterday. Ray fills in blanks with his time served in drum corps. It takes our entire group here to make it as special as it is and I'm grateful for that, just wish it was more active like it used to be.

That said, lets all try and get this thing cranking again.

Peace.

BTW, I always liked Phineas T. Bluster, so that shows how much I know. ;)

Oh, and you left out Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Geez Glen - for a second it sounded like you were worried about hurting my or Andy's feelings!

I'm going to guess that of all the gin joints in all the world, that should be the least of your concerns.

Certainly not as big a deal as leaving out Ginger Rogers, or Rogers Hornsby...

I worry when you get all serious - sounds like someone somewhere is drinking, and I'm not.

Ray, you and I are but pawns in the realm of significant knowledge (i.e. Dorittie, Glenn, Peashey, Ghandi, Will Rogers, Roy Rogers, Mr. Rogers, Clarabell, The Flying Kangaroos, Lefty, Phineas T. Bluster, Kookla, Fran & Ollie ... the list goes on) ... Glenn put us both in our place by coming up with a tidbit that I never even saw or heard on any specials aired on the history of the Beatles ... I know you don't drink ... but ... I promise if you show up at Boston's I&E ... I'll have one in each hand for both of us ...

Andy "the longer the show ... the better the announcing" Lisko

:beer:

One more snow and I may not be able to find Florian Hall.

This has been a tough snow year for Boston.

I just spent 4 hours shoveling out my driveway and 2 cars are still buried.

You got snow, we got tremblors.

Mother Nature is showing her displeasure with all of us for switching to Bb.

Speaking of which, since Nanci is pre-occupied with more important matters, what's preventing anyone else from posting photos here?

They don't even have to be of individuals. Stadiums, corps, busses, contest flyers, mouthpieces, drumsticks...all might provide some occasion for comment.

• Like 1

You got snow, we got tremblors.

Mother Nature is showing her displeasure with all of us for switching to Bb.

Speaking of which, since Nanci is pre-occupied with more important matters, what's preventing anyone else from posting photos here?

They don't even have to be of individuals. Stadiums, corps, busses, contest flyers, mouthpieces, drumsticks...all might provide some occasion for comment.

Right about now I'd settle for pictures from Tom's cruise.

Not pictures of Tom Cruise though, ya know?

Just wanted to make Suri you know what I mean...

I don't have the technological expertise, or the pictures... the no pictures is a long story.

but I'd love it if someone could jumpstart this bad boy because I have wicked bad cabin fever, plus I've given up Twitter for Lent.

Trying to cleanse.

In lieu of any drum corps photos, here's a couple of minutes of absolutely insane trumpet playing by Harry James.

Concerto for Trumpet... from the 1942 movie "Private Buckaroo."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNWxwvIwC-Q

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

Geez Glen - for a second it sounded like you were worried about hurting my or Andy's feelings!

I'm going to guess that of all the gin joints in all the world, that should be the least of your concerns.

Certainly not as big a deal as leaving out Ginger Rogers, or Rogers Hornsby...

I worry when you get all serious - sounds like someone somewhere is drinking, and I'm not.

It's all good Ray, except I can't drink anymore.

Good call on Ginger Rogers and Rogers Hornsby. I slipped up and left out Buck Rogers.

Don't let the snow get to you and maybe get rid of a few cars. ;)

One more snow and I may not be able to find Florian Hall.

This has been a tough snow year for Boston.

I just spent 4 hours shoveling out my driveway and 2 cars are still buried.

Well ... the show moved to the IEW Union Hall in Dorchester last year ... I'll be staying (along with a whole bunch of others) at the Comfort Inn not too far away ...

Really hope you can make it ... REALLY hope some of the snow is gone by then ... I'll even let you introduce Crusaders Sr. ... hmmm ... let me check the MC Union Rules first ...

I'll be doing the Sky I&E on 3/21, Crusaders on 3/28 and Bridgeport on 4/25 ... maybe you can make all three ... who knows, maybe the Buffalo show will give me a nod as well (if Peashey can't make it) ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

I'll be doing the Sky I&E on 3/21, Crusaders on 3/28 and Bridgeport on 4/25 ... maybe you can make all three ...

Reilly has a parade scheduled (In Harrisburg and tentative so far) on the same day as the Sky BHOF, but if that cancels or doesn't become confirmed, Donna and I will be sitting in the front row. Looking forward to getting some photos, audios and videos!! :thumbs-up:

AND, of course.... We'll be setting up a pitcher (or two) for that MC guy as well!! :shutup:

Reilly has a parade scheduled (In Harrisburg and tentative so far) on the same day as the Sky BHOF, but if that cancels or doesn't become confirmed, Donna and I will be sitting in the front row. Looking forward to getting some photos, audios and videos!! :thumbs-up:

AND, of course.... We'll be setting up a pitcher (or two) for that MC guy as well!! :shutup:

Bring Fran up with you as well ...

• Like 2

Well ... the show moved to the IEW Union Hall in Dorchester last year ... I'll be staying (along with a whole bunch of others) at the Comfort Inn not too far away ...

Really hope you can make it ... REALLY hope some of the snow is gone by then ... I'll even let you introduce Crusaders Sr. ... hmmm ... let me check the MC Union Rules first ...

I'll be doing the Sky I&E on 3/21, Crusaders on 3/28 and Bridgeport on 4/25 ... maybe you can make all three ... who knows, maybe the Buffalo show will give me a nod as well (if Peashey can't make it) ...

Maybe not a good idea for me to introduce the BOSCRU given that I used to work with them - who knows, maybe I'll be in the baritone line?

I'm going to make as many of these as I can.

• Like 1