Seattle Imperials???

Seattle Imperials???

If my sources are correct, the above corps competed at that 69 VFW show but did not make finals.

Also, the only two pictures I could find of them were from 1971 and the uniforms were cadet style.

And while corps do change uniforms dramatically, I do believe this is not the current feature.

Edited by gsksun4

After reviewing several areas of information on the current feature and the others mentioned, I would be very surprised if it was not who they are listed as.

If the "Imperials" clue was bogus, I'm going with my first thought when I saw the pic: Milford Shoreliners from CT ... they were at the 69 VFW and wore unis similar to what's in the pic ...

:-)

After reviewing several areas of information on the current feature and the others mentioned, I would be very surprised if it was not who they are listed as.

OK... so that narrows it down to any corps from 1969 not named "Imperials." :tongue:

OK... so that narrows it down to any corps from 1969 not named "Imperials." :tongue:

Or Little Anthony and The Imperials. :)

Andy got it, but I'm surprised Elphaba didn't join in on this one.

Over 60 corps in prelims, so coming in 19th held no shame, they looked good.

38 seconds in is the GW picture.

Enjoy:

http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=4Dn4iW56m-w

Edited by gsksun4

Bari line of the Lancers called that opener "Crown Royal" when we played it few years back.

Think a former Pittsburgh Rocket started it.....

It was a pretty good run, especially lately. Plus the Roy Perez videos find turned out to be special.

I'd have given more clues, but the Norwood Park corps thing kind of took over.

We should try to keep this active the best we can. So much history has gone through here, it would be a shame to have it fade away.

I hope Nanci is doing OK and can return when she finds the right time to do so.

As for the rest of the usual suspects, I'm wondering where Ray Fallon, Fish, Ray Priester,Tony White and a few others have been.

Hope we haven't lost these special Whoers. :)

I'll try my best to post another feature.

• Like 1

Ray P and Tony made a FB appearance to wish my wife and I a happy 25th anniversary this week. So at least they are still in cyberspace, just not this part of the web.......

• Like 1