Are shows getting too complicated to watch?

When I go to a show there just seems to be way too much going on to really see/hear it all. Then I read stuff on here like "Did you hear the maniacal laughter sure BD's show?" Or did you see this, or hear that? It seems to really see and hear everything, you have to watch the show several times. How many of us are able to see any given show several times a season? Or people like me who don't buy the DVD's is missing out on a lot of really cool stuff. So, do you think the shows are just too complicated/involved to really get the whole thing?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while it's definitely too hard to capture every visual and musical nuance in a modern dci show on the first viewing, why is that a bad thing? If you were designing a show wouldn't you want a complex one, that made people buy the dvds/come to more shows because there was so much cool #### that they just had to see it again?

while it's definitely too hard to capture every visual and musical nuance in a modern dci show on the first viewing, why is that a bad thing? If you were designing a show wouldn't you want a complex one, that made people buy the dvds/come to more shows because there was so much cool #### that they just had to see it again?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm not saying it's anything at all. Just asking. But yeah, I agree that it would entice people to buy the DVD's.

To answer the op, modern show concepts and designs have and still are definitely getting more complicated. This being said however, it is by no means a bad thing!!

On top of that I don't feel that I would like a "simpler" show just so that I could be able to get the whole thing the first time. In fact, having those little details and intricasies (sp?) I think makes shows "favorite shows." For example, one of my favorite shows is Cavies '06, I have probably watched that show more than would be considered healthy yet, every time, EVERY TIME I watch this show, it seems I find something new that I've never noticed before. My reaction? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I notice something I've never noticed before my love for the show grows! In fact, I think that noticing new things every time you watch a show, is part of what makes our favorite shows, "favorite shows!"

Upset about this? I would suggest going to more shows! Or buying the dvds! I understand this may not be possible for everyone... but well... tough. :-P I don't think this concept is going away anytime soon.

Upset about this? I would suggest going to more shows! Or buying the dvds! I understand this may not be possible for everyone... but well... tough. :-P I don't think this concept is going away anytime soon.

No, I'm not upset about it, just curious what other people think. And actually an interesting thing about simply going to more shows is that usually corps keep adding things throughout the season. So even if I were to see every Bluecoats show, for example, during the season, I don't think that would help. I guess obviously the answer is to buy the DVD's and watch them over and over and over.

So you're able to see and hear everything that's going on during a show the first time you see it?

No... I've never been able to do that though.

Then again, I saw my first live show in '03, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Edited by TSRTS13