OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

High boots? Seneca Princemen drum major 1974. Yes, this is me and please, no comments. There is a saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Thanks for letting me share. :)

SenecaPrincemen-1974-a-1.jpg

The only comment that should be made is "Kick it Girl"

High boots? Seneca Princemen drum major 1974. Yes, this is me and please, no comments. There is a saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Thanks for letting me share. :)

Edit: BTW 5 foot 2, eyes are blue :dry:

The old Royal Coachmen uni's! We wore those in 1976 with some changes.

Edit: BTW 5 foot 2, eyes are blue :dry:

Oh, yeah - that's hardcore drum corps, for sure...

There's the sweet, innocent girl I met in '73!!!

I made such a concerted effort not to corrupt you.... :thumbup:

LOL!

Here's one of our Drill Instructor, Mr. Carmen Cluna. Many stories have been told about this great man. But for my part he was simply an inspirational icon in my young life. His command of the English language was phenomenal and to his credit it didn't matter what your economic status, education level or age, he never spoke down to you. If you made a mistake he would lambaste you with alacrity.

Carmen.jpg

I don't know what was going on in this shot but from the look on his face and the reaction of the Baritone players behind him, someone was about to get an ear full.

Puppet

Here's one of our Drill Instructor, Mr. Carmen Cluna. Many stories have been told about this great man. But for my part he was simply an inspirational icon in my young life. His command of the English language was phenomenal and to his credit it didn't matter what your economic status, education level or age, he never spoke down to you. If you made a mistake he would lambaste you with alacrity.

Carmen.jpg

I don't know what was going on in this shot but from the look on his face and the reaction of the Baritone players behind him, someone was about to get an ear full.

Puppet

Very true Greg, There were no gray areas with him. It was either the right way or it was wrong. You probably remember the speech in 1970 when he threatened to disband the corps if we didn't have 100 percent attendance from there out. You will also remember that we had a large turnover from "69" and the corps was smaller and somewhat less experienced. He singlehandedly willed us to the performance level he expected and we all bought into it. Sadly, with today's mentality, the corps would have probably disbanded.

Shorts? AAG D&B corps at Ygnacio Valley High School, Concord, California March 1977. Rehearsal.

1977-aag-concord-a.jpg

Yes, the shorts are short. But it's the TUBE SOCKS that make this pic! :innocent:

Very true Greg, There were no gray areas with him. It was either the right way or it was wrong. You probably remember the speech in 1970 when he threatened to disband the corps if we didn't have 100 percent attendance from there out. You will also remember that we had a large turnover from "69" and the corps was smaller and somewhat less experienced. He singlehandedly willed us to the performance level he expected and we all bought into it. Sadly, with today's mentality, the corps would have probably disbanded.

But then again, there was this guy!

Bigsmile.jpg

He was even kinda scary when he smiled! LOL

Puppet

The picture that Lee Doebler posted of herself from her pre Blue Devils days should give all you guys some idea of what my '75 thru '77 summers were like. I believe it was '75 when she and fellow rifle Katie McLaughlin sat on the 'Oh four' seats right in front of me. A pretty lady can always make an event more enjoyable, and there were two. Add the entertainment factor provided by Kevin Davis and we had a good time.

Lee, do you have any pictures of the inside of our bus? Any of me?