OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Sue, all...

Another very good program for this is Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/

Tony ;-)

Irfanview is great. I use it to enhance photos on my company website. And it's free!

Sue, all...

Another very good program for this is Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/

Tony ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion. Tony. ShowFoto just showed up one day, probably courtesy of the periodic upgrades we get from Linux. I tried it, and have been using it ever since.

1974-pic-4.jpg

The gentleman playing xylophone in this photo is Mike Laporta. He was co-responcible for writing "Birds 'o fire" in 1975 and unfortunately was killed by a hit and run driver soon after we returned from tour in 75. It is good to see a photo of him in here, thank you. :thumbup:

Didn't Mike play snare drum in '75 or one of those early years? Hi Mike and Vickie!

Back in the day, this is how we learned our rep. Hy Dreitzer would play it and we would play it back. Section by section - these are the first sopranos - this would be tedious work on Hy's part, it had to be. But he also did an amazing thing - after we'd all learned our parts for a particular piece, he would let us - one by one over the course of the winter to stand in front of the horn line so we could hear the full arrangement it always stunned me how big we sounded - especially for a horn line that was only 28 strong. It was the lush stuff he always designed for the inner voices 2nd and 3rd sopranos, French horns,

Mellophones and of course we had those huge Euphoniums. 8 of those played by the right guys could double the sound of any corps. And none of us we're even 17 yet.

HyWithSopranos.jpg

And I'm still looking for some shots of our Color Guard out of uniform - so to speak.

Puppet

What a great shot of Hy...

The early picture of Nunzio is a riot... someone said "Welcome Back Kotter..." I think Nunz would have fit in with the Sweathogs...

Sorry Ray, but age may be getting the best of me.

What did Bucky look like?

Puppet

Sorry Ray, but age may be getting the best of me.

What did Bucky look like?

Puppet

Puppet,

Scrawny little white kid, probably with sideburns during the early '70s (I was overseas and didn't see him for those 3 years or so.)

He was pretty young, maybe 18 or 19. Played in a quartet with Ruben and Snowball and i don't think George, can't remember who the other guy was.

When I got home from overseas, he had the Brassmen "B" pretty much everywhere, surprised he didn't have it tatooed on his butt.

I think if Carmen had a B on the bottom of his shoe, my brother would have ended up with it on his butt. Carmen always said he marched like a duck.

He was a pretty good player though. I just saw Ruben a few weeks ago, and he remembered him as a player.

Thanks for the response... the pictures are WILD!!!!!

Didn't Mike play snare drum in '75 or one of those early years? Hi Mike and Vickie!

Hi Kelley! Will we see you in SF for CNY?? :rolleyes:

Vickie, the only way I could make a noticeable difference in yours was by separating them out into four different files. If I kept them together, there wasn't much change at all when I ran the auto-correct.

scan0014a.jpg

scan0014b.jpg

scan0014c.jpg

scan0014d.jpg

Thanks Sue!! The colors look much better!! :rolleyes:

Mike was in the 73 line and was one of the first mallet players in 74....

Hi Kellie!!!!