OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

That's me with the 'fro from 1970 or '69. The guy next to me was one of my best friends of the time Mike Arato. We would rehearse at a place called Flushing Meadow Park in Queens - that's right where the alien ships from Men In Black were parked. just about a mile from where I saw the Troopers for the first time - '64 World's Fair Show.

DrillPractice1971.jpg

Those were the days, my friends.

Puppet

I was in Flushing recently to visit a friend...had a great dinner at one of the many great Chinese restaurants on Main Street. Being Chinese, she did the ordering...what a great meal!

MikeD- Did you have "flied lice"? b**bs

Blue Rock's color guard trying to get to a show in a typical pose from about 35 years ago.....

093022.JPG

Man. Dig those striped pants! :worthy:

Man. Dig those striped pants! :worthy:

I think that all of us who were around in the '70s can look back at ourselves and say: "What the *#@% was I thinking when I wore that?" :P

I think we can almost as easily add the 80's to that one. :P

Tell you what though, I wish I had been around the drum corps scene as a kid and had the opportunity to see the Blue Stars guard. (Hoping my memory is serving me right--female guard with short shorts)

Tell you what though, I wish I had been around the drum corps scene as a kid and had the opportunity to see the Blue Stars guard. (Hoping my memory is serving me right--female guard with short shorts)

I was around at that time, and yes, they were by far the best guard to watch!