OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Hey Keith. I sent you the 1970 Hamburg, New York Youth and Music program. Please post these for everyone. Thanks, eh.

I put it on my web site so if you google Royal Coachmen Tribute page it's there. Linda sent me a bunch of things and I put them all there. I'll try to post them here if I can figure it out

I put it on my web site so if you google Royal Coachmen Tribute page it's there. Linda sent me a bunch of things and I put them all there. I'll try to post them here if I can figure it out

I'll post the Hamburg, New York program onto DCP in a few weeks. No problem. I'll post my last 2-3 photos of Alberta Girls and then get back to New York State in the 1970's. So busy at work. Time to think about retirement.

I think they're in the basement...

Thanks Honey...i thought I had it on the desk though... :satisfied:

I marched with the Stars during those years. It certainly didn't suck!

Short white boots and short shorts- of all the uniforms I wore through the years, that was my favorite. It was fun to help dress the 2007 Blue Stars honor guard in that "legacy" uniform at their home show.

1977 Enfield, England. Bramley house was home base for us for about 5 weeks of our 10 week tour. It was a vacant hospital. Good kitchen facilities, large bathrooms and 4 to a room. The backyard was huge with plenty of room to rehearse and surrounded by rose bushes. Horns and drums rehearsing in the back of Bramley House 1977.

1977-England-rehearsal1-a.jpg

Pam getting the colour guard getting ready for early morning rehearsal in the backyard of Bramley. Stripes, plaid, bell bottom pants or cut-off shorts. Groovy.

1977-England-rehearsal2-a.jpg

1977 London, England. We had a day off. I was always behind the camera, so this photo is rare. Pam took a picture of hippie me (in the white blouse, 100% cotton and made in India). I was 22. Pam (23) kept telling me to pinch him and I said I just couldn’t. Got me and the lady in blue laughing. Worked hard in drum corps but we also had a lot of fun.

1977-Englandme-a.jpg

I was just a lad of 12 or 13 marching with a small Minnesota based corps at the time when the Blue Stars guard wore the hot pants. They left quite an impression on me. ^0^ I loved watching the Blue Stars those years!

Incidentally, at the Blue Stars home show this past summer, the honor guard wore the hot pants. Here's a pic:

IMG_0574.jpg

Wow. Brings back memories. At retreat at a contest in the States, 1974, I think. Single file retreat and we had Blue Stars guard on one side and Phantom Regiment guard on the other. One word, poise. This got me inspired. Thanks ladies.

Went back to Canada and started teaching guard, technical. Our guard was great in adopting the poise thing. I was a hippie, so I added Yoga and a modified form of warm up exercises similar to Pilates. Another guard member was into Karate, so we added some of those moves.

1977 Enfield, England. Bramley house was home base for us for about 5 weeks of our 10 week tour. It was a vacant hospital. Good kitchen facilities, large bathrooms and 4 to a room. The backyard was huge with plenty of room to rehearse and surrounded by rose bushes. Horns and drums rehearsing in the back of Bramley House 1977.

1977-England-rehearsal1-a.jpg

Pam getting the colour guard getting ready for early morning rehearsal in the backyard of Bramley. Stripes, plaid, bell bottom pants or cut-off shorts. Groovy.

1977-England-rehearsal2-a.jpg

TUBE SOCKS!!!!