OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Sorry.

Edited by GrewvyG2

Stats from a group photo, so they are estimates. When we toured Europe in 1977, we took about 48 horns, 20 drum line, 22 colour guard, 4 instructional staff, 4 equipment boys (younger brothers of the members), 10-12 chaperones and/or cooks, and about 4 administrative staff. These are estimates.

Alberta All Girls rehearsals 1977, just because I like the mellophone and french horn. Shorts and striped socks were the fashion. Shauna is under 5 feet tall. Edited. Approximately 20 sopranos, 16 baritones, 6 mellophones, 6 french horns and 0 contras in 1977. We took what we could carry.

1977-2-a.jpg

This is my first and last double post. This picture is from 1979. I just like the way the light reflects off the french horn. Very good hornline in 1977 and in years before.

1978-rehearsal1-d.jpg

I'll post some drum line photos later. I have to choose carefully as some of these ladies changed very little in 30+ years.

Edit. The middle voices were beautiful and the hightlights were soprano duets. I asked someone to use my tape recorder at a show, the only recording of that year.

Edited by lindap

Nice bow tie! What were we thinking in the '70's? :lol:

That the blanker we got, the better Fantasia would be...thus the fashions of the times :rock:

I so would have hit on her...gone to war for her....my wife, in her pre-drum corps days.

Vickie.jpg

I so would have hit on her...gone to war for her....my wife, in her pre-drum corps days.

Vickie.jpg

Joan with the Mona Lisa like smile. Alas, the folly of my youth. Had I the nerve, the brains or even a kick in the pants from my Dad, I would have asked her hand in marriage.

Joan.jpg

Haven't seen her in 30+ years (sigh)

Puppet

Joan with the Mona Lisa like smile. Alas, the folly of my youth. Had I the nerve, the brains or even a kick in the pants from my Dad, I would have asked her hand in marriage.

Joan.jpg

Haven't seen her in 30+ years (sigh)

Puppet

I'd bet many of us have similar stories. (Ditto on the sigh.)

That the blanker we got, the better Fantasia would be...

and it was better...My favorite are the hippos with the tutu's :P

Vickie.jpg

YOU are one lucky man....

I think at the time my sister STILL had a thing for Donnie Osmond. :lol:

I didn't have a thing for him but good teeth. Thanks for reminding me about my 2 hour dental appointment tommorrow. In 1977 ABBA was touring all over Europe, we met Bonnie Raitt's band in Brussels, played for the Pope in Italy (a lovely moment in my life). I remember the Eagles and Hotel California, Jimmy Buffet Changes in Latitudes and Changes in Attitudes and Saturday Night Fever. All this makes me reflective.

I also enjoyed musicals and in particular the song, What I Did for Love.

:)

Some drum photos next.