OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Postcard I bought in 1977 of Enfield, our home away from home for 6 weeks of our 10 week drum corps tour. Many thanks for the hospitality.

77-enfield-card-c.jpg

Edited by lindap

• 1 month later...
In the early days, judges didn't wear unis in prelims, only at finals. In the first few years, it was white shirts with black pants, then went to navy blue shirt/black pants, years later - green shirts/kahki's. I think they have worn the same uni for several years now.

gardners.JPG

Wow - seeing those cans - I remember going to Milwaukee on tour back in '74 and seeing the Schlitz logo on the tall grain silos. Their slogan, "the beer that made Milwaukee famous" comes back after seeing that photo.

Yep... VK even tossed a judge "doll" dressed in the Green shirt/Kahki's during 1992 (I think 1992) show.

Edited by Joe Salvatore

That is exactly how I felt marching in the 73 SCV line....

Using the same windows you guys did, the same intense winter program of holding cymbals out til you dropped!

Angles angles angles!!!!!

Just amazing!!!

:thumbup:

1974, 5' 11", 150# - 14 years old. Trying to live up to my heros...

me1974.jpg

Mike, it is always a pleasure reconnecting with prior SCV Cymbal Line Alumni.

Thank you for blazing the trail for my generation and for those currently marching.

The 1977 staff bus during our through Europe. Mike Whitney, drum instructor. Pam's foot, visual and DM. I was co-visual and co-DM. Mike Duffy was Music Director. The 4 of us.

1977_35-a.jpg

• 2 months later...

April 1977...warming up with Michael Whitney at a winter guard show in Concord California, my photo. Puppet, please say hi. I miss you! If you don't relpy I'll understand why, thanks for starting this thread :-)

77-aag-spring5.jpg

IMG-5.jpg

Guesses?

Glassmen Director, Brian Hickman.