OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Oh! This Old Thing?!

juststarting.jpg

Thanks for remembering!

I’ve a few more photos btw but tired of bucket asking me questions and tired of typing; need a break. AAG fans 1972 or 1973 in the UK :smile:

599.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Repertoire for 1973 Alberta All Girls A – Drum Solo-Celebrate, Alabama Jubilee, Hang ‘em High, Jesus Christ Superstar, Who Will Buy, 2001 Space Odyssey

Repertoire for 1973 Alberta All Girls B – 2001 Space Odyssey, Jesus Christ Superstar, Mickey Mouse, Yellow Submarine, Roll Out the Barrel

a-record-for-sale-on-web-1.jpg

I moved to Alberta September 1976 and by October I was teaching AAG B guard. New instructors always taught the younger girls first before working with the A corps. In November we started a winter guard open to all members of the A corps and Stanley Knaub was our consultant. Throughout the winter many drum corps folks would visit be they from the east or west. By spring we were getting the A corps ready for a 10 week drum corps tour of Europe. A photo I took of Mark Cardiff and Tom Float 1976-77, ‘Good to see you my friend’ :smile:

tom.jpg

A photo from a 1973 photo album I took at our 2011 reunion of Mark Cardiff. He marched drums with La Salle Cadets up to 1971, with Anaheim Kingsmen 1972 and 1973 and was drum instructor for AAG 72/73. We had a wonderful time chatting about drum corps in the 1970’s at AAG’s reunion August 2011. In his speech to the organization, he thanked the directors for the opportunity and thanked the ladies for their hard work and successes. I agreed with his words.

a-73-mark-1.jpg

The AAG directors and a few FMM ladies went to Pasadena 2007, I went with them to Indy 2010; we were going to go to DATR 2012 but couldn’t get cheap flights, hope to start plans to go to Indy 2013 over the next few months. For those going to DCI Finals in Indy 2012, I ask of you a small request. If you meet someone you haven’t seen in months, years or decades, give them a hug. Thanks :smile:

• 1 month later...

How do drum corps get from point A to point B? With buses … AAG B 1973? with school buses. Looks like they used black electrical tape for the bus signage; lol. They had local tours, in and around Alberta and I’m sure they would have rented coaches to travel to British Columbia to get over the Rocky Mountains.

156_zps345759a8.jpg

AAG A in London England 1972 or 1973 with rented buses. They had tours to Europe and North America those years and in 1974 they had 4 tours, United States, Germany for World Cup, local tour and off to Ithaca with stops between. I was with AAG A during a 10 week tour of Europe in 1977. The buses were similar.

451-flipped_zps1cf1dcd8.jpg

AAG A with their coaches in 1972 or 1973; western North American tour. They didn’t travel east until 1974 to Ithaca, Ontario in 1975 and Montreal in 1976. They traveled lots of miles from 1970-1979, over mountains and vast prairies and by 74-75 they needed new coaches. I tried to google and no. Does anyone know where they are in this photo?

584_zps2f4dc110.jpg

AAG A with their coaches in 1972 or 1973; western North American tour. They didn’t travel east until 1974 to Ithaca, Ontario in 1975 and Montreal in 1976. They traveled lots of miles from 1970-1979, over mountains and vast prairies and by 74-75 they needed new coaches. I tried to google and no. Does anyone know where they are in this photo?

584_zps2f4dc110.jpg

Love the bus photos! These remind me of one the Glass City Optimists had in the late 60's.

584_zps2f4dc110.jpg

I'm pretty sure Wells Fargo Bank (at that time, at least) would have been only in California.