OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

We rehearsed in Lake Tahoe before traveling to Concord spring break 77. We took our A corps and winter guard. We couldn’t use bathroom facilities in Reno because most of our corps were under 18. We went skiing in Tahoe for a few hours. After a 20 minute lesson, I snowplowed all the way down. Fun!

1977-March1-a.jpg

In the spring of 1978 a bus tour company was started. Ed was a history teacher and I was a hotel front desk clerk at the time. At the new company, Ed was driver, I was tour guide. Our passengers were young at heart. A photograph I took of a widower and a widow that married a second time and of Ed our driver.

ed-3-1978-a.jpg

By summer of 1978 our drum corps was on the road again via Alberta > British Columbia > Washington > Oregon > California > Mexico > Arizona > New Mexico > Colorado for DCI finals > Wyoming > Montana and home again. The buses ran all year round for one more year. Then they became tour and winter guard buses for 10 years until 1988. Today, the buses run for the young at heart :smile:/>

ed-4-1978-a.jpg

Thanks Linda, maybe it's the shot but that bus aisle looks real narrow.....

Plus being a car buff that 70s compact in front of the buses 3 shots up is a hoot. It qualifies as an antique today.... :shutup:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari

We rehearsed in Lake Tahoe before traveling to Concord spring break 77. We took our A corps and winter guard. We couldn’t use bathroom facilities in Reno because most of our corps were under 18. We went skiing in Tahoe for a few hours. After a 20 minute lesson, I snowplowed all the way down. Fun!

1977-March1-a.jpg

Saving all these bus photos for a new thread entitled "Some Old Drum Corps Bus Photos".

BTW, the photo with the old couple posing is a classic....Thanks for posting these Linda! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Saving all these bus photos for a new thread entitled "Some Old Drum Corps Bus Photos".

BTW, the photo with the old couple posing is a classic....Thanks for posting these Linda! :thumbup:/>/>

You're welcome :smile:/> Sometimes AAG had to fly as in 72, 73, 74 and 77. ‘Hello, world!’

74-a-pic-1.jpg

• 3 months later...