OMG Could We Have Been So Young?

Short white boots and short shorts- of all the uniforms I wore through the years, that was my favorite. It was fun to help dress the 2007 Blue Stars honor guard in that "legacy" uniform at their home show.

Sue (byline) posted 1979 DCI prelims photos for me on some old corps photos forum. I took a Blue Stars photo, re-scanned and trimmed. This is the best I could do for you. Sure wish I had a zoom lens in those days. All of my 1983 pix from Miami were ruined.

scan0002.jpg

Didn't judges have uniforms at one time?

Actually, that was the year after I left. You'll also note that her drum was pretty high relative to the rest of the line. I do remember that she (Cherokee is her name)was pretty good though, you had to be to play for Eric Perrilouix.

That's just physics at work. Shorter person, shorter legs equals leg rest higher therefore drum.

But what I've been waiting for is for someone to ask how we got all our hair up under our shakos. Looking over these shots and comparing them to when we were in uniform, it's amazing how uniform

we looked - we cleaned up good! Hey Frank, remember the Kazoo concert we did in the Howard Johnson's parking lot on the way to that Kenosha show?

Wish I had some shots of that.

Glad to hear you're not smoking.

And yes, I'm in great health for 55+ thank you.

Puppet.jpg

Puppet

Yup... B)

And to think you used to be sooooo young & innocent:

braga1.jpg

Edited by john2780

And to think you used to be sooooo young & innocent:

braga1.jpg

Did my wife give you that???!!!

Where did I put those bearskin rug shots of her??? b**bs

braga1.jpg

Nice bow tie! What were we thinking in the '70's? :lookaround:

Edited by elayes

Blue Rock's color guard trying to get to a show in a typical pose from about 35 years ago.....

093022.JPG

On the far left, that looks like Tom Harris. He was in our corps with his brother and when his brother quit - he quit. We all said, "You're going to Blue Rock!"

He was saying stuff like he had to quit because of school and that there's no way he was going to BR. We all knew he was quitting us to go to Blue Rock and now there's photographic evidence.

I rest my case.

Is there a statute of limitations on corps hopping b**bs

This brings back so many memories, mostly the one of my dad yelling: Hazel, Schlitz!

gardners.JPG

Edited by DPEmerald

scan0002.jpg

Didn't judges have uniforms at one time?

In the early days, judges didn't wear unis in prelims, only at finals. In the first few years, it was white shirts with black pants, then went to navy blue shirt/black pants, years later - green shirts/kahki's. I think they have worn the same uni for several years now.

gardners.JPG

Wow - seeing those cans - I remember going to Milwaukee on tour back in '74 and seeing the Schlitz logo on the tall grain silos. Their slogan, "the beer that made Milwaukee famous" comes back after seeing that photo.

The microphone boom to the left of the DM points directly at your uncle z at the tender age of 18. B)

No beer for you in 1979. At least I could indulge in a glass of wine during that year.

There was so much of the colour orange in the 1970's, orange shag carpets, orange couches and of course our corps colours were white and orange. Let me dig up the photos.