New Junior Corps Forming in West Chester, PA!

Hi Guys,

First of all, thank you for taking the time out to read my message.

This is an open call for anyone who is able to help out. There is a new corps forming in West Chester, PA. What we need are people that have experience working in business, big or small, someone who has experience running a booster or fund-raising opperations, and someone who has a lot of legal experience, such as a paralegal, lawyer, etc. that wouldn't mind volunteering their time.

Also, we need a group of like-minded, thoughtful individuals for our fundraising committee to come up with ideas for raising money and take proactive steps to ensure that the Imperial Sound gets on its feet.

Please realize the success of these start-up organizations depends upon you. But, if you want to help in starting something great that touches the lives of thousands of kids, then this is definately the way to do it. Think of all the drum & bugle corps that have dwindled away over the years.

Become a part of the anomaly. Help drum corps gain some of its numbers back. The kids are counting on you.

Thank you.

Email to: ra657657@wcupa.edu

PS Please tender all caption head resumes to the above e-mail adress, to include: Education, Performance Experience, Work Experience, Marching Arts Experience (Where you marched, and Where you taught).

Thank you

Edited by ImperialSound_Director

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, is your corps going to be called Imperial Sound (based on your user name)? I only ask because there is a drum corps (and a quite successful one) in Central Japan who is also called Imperial Sound.

http://www16.ocn.ne.jp/~imperiri/top.htm

In any case, it will be great to see another corps on the field. I wish you all the best :)

Hi Guys,

This is an open call for anyone who is able to help out. There is a new corps forming in West Chester, PA. What we need are people that have experience working in business, big or small, someone who has experience running a booster or fund-raising opperations, and someone who has a lot of legal experience, such as a paralegal, lawyer, etc. that wouldn't mind volunteering their time.

Also, we need a group of like-minded, thoughtful individuals for our fundraising committee to come up with ideas for raising money and take proactive steps to ensure that the Imperial Sound gets on its feet.

Please realize the success of these start-up organizations depends upon you. But, if you want to help in starting something great that touches the lives of thousands of kids, then this is definately the way to do it. Think of all the drum & bugle corps that have dwindled away over the years.

Become a part of the anomaly. Help drum corps gain some of its numbers back. The kids are counting on you.

Thank you.

Email to: galenct@msn.com

PS Please tender all caption head resumes to the above e-mail adress, to include: Education, Performance Experience, Work Experience, Marching Arts Experience (Where you marched, and Where you taught).

Thank you

Anything I can do to help?,......................please ask!

Some Information-

We just finished the first draft of the bylaws. Now, all we need is more money so that we can submit the paperwork for approval. If you are interested in doing something along the lines of volunteering to fund raise or collect donations in your area, please e-mail me at galenct@msn.com and we can discuss how you can help make this organization a reality.

I just wanted to give my two cents on this, because I haven't covered it before, but really want to.

I know its hard for some people to trust in a fledgling organization, such as this. But, thats what makes your help so much more valuable. In life today, we are taught to always be mindful, never to fall to a scam. By being a charter member of a new organization like this, you are giving yourself a great honor.

I just wanted to add that.

Remember, no contribution is too small. I understand everyone wants to help corps like the Blue Devils or Cavaliers. I understand why, too. But, I think that that is one of the reasons why there are less corps in the activity today. Support for the start-up of new drum & bugle corps needs your help. Think about it. These small corps may eventually be top world class caliber.

Are you going to do your part for the activity today?

Hi Guys,

Thank you.

Email to: galenct@msn.com

Thank you

The Crossmen Alumni Association received a call from Mrs. Chris Sappey of Rep. Barbara Mcllvaine-Smith's office. They are having a Veterans Day celebration next Friday, November 9th, from 10am-1pm to honor their veterans in West Chester. They are looking for a band, drum corps, etc, to play something appropriate.

I know this is short notice, but they sounded pretty desperate.

Even if your whole corps can't be there, maybe you could put together a small ensemble or something. It will be good PR for your new corps.

If you know another group that might be interested, let me know and I'll put in touch with the appropriate parties.

CAA Rep

I just wanted to give my two cents on this, because I haven't covered it before, but really want to.

I know its hard for some people to trust in a fledgling organization, such as this. But, thats what makes your help so much more valuable. In life today, we are taught to always be mindful, never to fall to a scam. By being a charter member of a new organization like this, you are giving yourself a great honor.

I just wanted to add that.

Remember, no contribution is too small. I understand everyone wants to help corps like the Blue Devils or Cavaliers. I understand why, too. But, I think that that is one of the reasons why there are less corps in the activity today. Support for the start-up of new drum & bugle corps needs your help. Think about it. These small corps may eventually be top world class caliber.

Are you going to do your part for the activity today?

Thank you for saying that. Being another start-up program, we've seen the effects of the "we'll wait and see" approach. That never helps when the real help is needed NOW. Since we're in the same boat, maybe we should chat.

Chalet

• 1 month later...

Alright Guys-

We've just put our website up along with an online paypal application for donations.

http://www.theimperialsound.org

Please donate whatever you can to help the corps reach its goal of forming as a non profit. To reach the donation application, please hit the shop button on the navigation bar, or click here.

Thank you,

Robert Azzarano

Executive Director