Seattle Brass Attack

you guys haven't lived till you've had food from the dinosaur barbeque... or Nick Tahou's...

Give me a shout if you want to discuss this...

Tom

Consider yourself shouted at Tom!!! We should definately get things going ASAP. Don't think we could possibly find a better tour guide.

Still in Mill Creek? You know we're rehearsing in Ballard on Sundays these days, which is a short ride for you.

Do they serve Brontosaurus burgers at the Dinosaur?

working strange hours, but will try and stop by... yes... I'm just up the hill from Mill Creek still...

Don't know which dinosaur they serve... think it's just the ones that oink and moo... but you will be PLEASED...

Catch you soon

Tom

cell 425-286-4425

tompeashey@comcast.net

Hey, didn't Black Watch play "Classical Gas?"

Last Sunday I attended a Seattle Brass Attack rehearsal held at Ballard High School near downtown Seattle. I was very impressed with both what I saw and heard!

These guys have talent folks.

Led by Steve Baretich, the principal director and arranger, I was entertained for two hours by one dynamite sounding brass ensemble. Their version of Classical Gas is really something to hear.

The next time you're in Seattle or anywhere near it, get over to one of their rehearsals. It's worth the trip.

If you're interested in hearing these guys please visit: http://www.brassattack.org and give them a listen. They've got several video clips of past performances available for viewing.

I'll be stopping by there again soon, that's for sure.

Rice

Did they?

I know that the Seattle Shamrocks did it back in the day. A Duffy arrangement I believe.

I've never heard it tho.........

I bet a bunch of corps have done it.

I do remember their drum line playing it when they came to the NT Open

lol... a little info Steve

Keith is a western New Yorker transplanted to Florida... good corps people who worked with me for years... however, he assumes that EVERYONE remembers the NT open - because it meant so much to him...

The North Tonawanda Open (NT Open) was run by John Hathaway and brought major corps into the Buffalo area each year... for a while, it ranked up there with the World Open, Butler PA Int'l and Marion Open... events pre-dated DCI and after 1971, that tried to succeed without much assistance from DCI... while they struggled on for years and gave tremendous support to the lower class/smaller corps especially, they inevitably failed...