Spartans getting new Bb Horns

I was cruising corps' websites for the news today and found the following at

http://www.spartansdbc.org/

"Bb Horns on their way! 11/4/2007

New Equipment has been ordered – Complete new line of Brass Instruments has been ordered – we are awaiting their December arrival."

As much as my old ears like to hear the sound of G bugles, I think this is a wise choice in the current competitive environment.

I see they have also rescheduled their Open House to two dates: Sunday, December 9th & Sunday December 16th.

Best wishes to everyone at my favorite Junior corps in NH and I look forward to seeing you on the field next summer.

I think this makes the Raiders the highest-placing corps in all of DCI still on G horns... Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Since you're inviting:

Raiders went Bb in 2002, the first year Bb horns were allowed in DivII/III.

Guest Myusik4Jakassez
Since you're inviting:

Raiders went Bb in 2002, the first year Bb horns were allowed in DivII/III.

I'm POSITIVE I played on a Bb horn this year.

By the looks of things on their website they are getting an entirely new staff as well.

They used to have the 08 staff there, then started to delete names a few at a time and now have removed the staff page & message board.

Is that why the Open House was rescheduled?

Sorry corpsvalues, am only reporting on what I see on their site so dont get all "company front and no valve bugle' on me

I was cruising corps' websites for the news today and found the following at

http://www.spartansdbc.org/

"Bb Horns on their way! 11/4/2007

New Equipment has been ordered – Complete new line of Brass Instruments has been ordered – we are awaiting their December arrival."

As much as my old ears like to hear the sound of G bugles, I think this is a wise choice in the current competitive environment.

I see they have also rescheduled their Open House to two dates: Sunday, December 9th & Sunday December 16th.

Best wishes to everyone at my favorite Junior corps in NH and I look forward to seeing you on the field next summer.

Off the top of my head:

7th Regiment, Targets, and Spirit of New Jersey are left on G bugles.

Spartans held out for a while. 90% of the horns we had on the field were bought in 1999. The contras were in pretty bad shape. Of the original ten, five or six were playable. I enjoyed playing the bugles, I only played Bb's two of my seven years, and still enjoy a good line of bugles cranking to 11.

Off the top of my head:

7th Regiment ...

Ah ... maybe ...

Something else I found while perusing corps' websites:

From http://www.7thregiment.org/

Found under 7th Regiment's "faq's"

"What key are your horns in?

The audition camp will be held using Bb brass instruments (mellophones in F). Whether we march G or Bb for the summer has yet to be determined. "

I'm looking forward to seeing 7th Regiment, too, next summer. In my opinion, they made a big step up into the competition in the east in Div III last year. I am hoping to see another big step this year for them in Open Class.

But we digress ...

Spartans held out for a while. 90% of the horns we had on the field were bought in 1999. The contras were in pretty bad shape. Of the original ten, five or six were playable. I enjoyed playing the bugles, I only played Bb's two of my seven years, and still enjoy a good line of bugles cranking to 11.

Indeed, I do too.

Sometimes, though, you just have to grow and change and move in accordance with the times or you find yourself in an empty place.

I enjoy a good Bb hornline, too. :)