Phantom Regiment 2008 Spartacus

Thanks Sutasaurus for posting that! (:))

"Silver trombone" is just as eager as we are to see what's put on the field and is pretty adamant about his posts and feelings, so let just let it ride..............

Now I have done nothing but listen to the piece "Spartacus" by Jan Van Der Roost, as well as the 'original' score by Katchuturian, as well as Phantom's 1981 & 82 renditions the past 3 days. (While doing other things whilst doing so)

Then, went and put on the soundtrack to "300". There are some great 'brass - synthesized" moments in there, but other than that, I will definitively say that I think PR will go 90% traditional. That meaning, all Katch, with many portions we have NOT HEARD from the original ballet. Then, he will probably pay a la homage' to Jim Wrem with some dazzling reworks of what we've know to love & cherish from 'da olde skool' of Regiment.

Just my .02 worth, and certainly IMHO for sure !!

But knowing how I have heard JD Shaw in recorded interview and in person, say that he loves to stay within that "tradition" and what the crowd/fans want that it seems impossible he'd go a complete 360 on something as dear to the hearts of Regiment alumni, Phans and the DC populous on a whole.

"Spartacus" set a trend for doing the unthinkable, the unapproachable repitoire that no one dare to till that hit the field. Now, it seems it's so long ago, but if ANYONE can pull that re-work off --- it is indeed AND WILL BE...... PHANTOM REGIMENT!

SUTA guys and Gals & let the countdown to 2008 begin !!!!!!!!!!!111

-Trisha

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trisha and Don...hey you're my family. He** Don, I taught you marching in the Spartacus days... You and still are a very talented man.

Don't understand what Silver-T is trying to stir up here. Just give the corps a chance to announce their selections for cripes sake and then take it from there!

This is going to be tasty...I really hope they pull it off.

I was at the camp! We played one of the songs - I won't tell you what it is, but if someone else wants to tell you all then have at it. I will leave you in suspense...

(it sounds AWESOME by the way) :cool:

I was at the camp! We played one of the songs - I won't tell you what it is, but if someone else wants to tell you all then have at it. I will leave you in suspense...

(it sounds AWESOME by the way) :cool:

AH! Come 'on.... Give us a hint... =)