Night Hawks

Silver Sabres (Salinas)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valiant Knights

Silver Sabres (Salinas)

Not sure about VK of OK, but Sabres folded after '78 season. The almighty $$. and btw...no s in Salina. Salinas is in California. Salina is in Kansas :P . There was an attempt a couple of years ago to reform, but it just seemed to fizzle. Personaly, I have tried to recruit alumni of all the old Great Plains Association to join a coupld of groups on both myspace and facebook, but to no avail. (hint, hint, hint)

The Night Hawks had some real problems with management. I've heard horror stories from people that marched with them. They were on the field '82-84. They had all of their horns stolen, and I don't think they ever recovered.

Wausau went inactive for the 1980 season, then came back for '81-83, but were MUCH smaller than they were in the 1970s. Valiant Knights disappeared after the '81 season. Des Plaines went inactive for '74, then came back for the '75-77 seasons. They later came back for a couple seasons as a senior corps, wearing uniforms that closely resembled the original DPV.

Florida Wave was around '81-91.

Fay Wray??? B)

The Night Hawks.....'82-84. They had all of their horns stolen, and I don't think they ever recovered.

See? Another good reason for Bb 3-valve horns - easier to fence them...

Baby Jane ?

Jane Fonda

Puppet

My hair? :ph34r: