Forum Updates

JohnD

We're finding little nagging things that are related to the various browsers out there. Some of the features with the editor (both Full Edit and Quick Edit) are best supported with the Firefox browser. If you experience problems, I'd suggest that you consider using the Firefox (current release 2.0.0.8 / 2.0.0.9).

You can download Firefox, which is available for most operating systems, for free at www.firefox.com.

I just got my first notice that I've been added to someone's DCP Friends' List. What is this and what are the advantages of being on it? What are the reasons to create one myself and add people to mine?

Will this get me a discount at Taco Bell?

I just got my first notice that I've been added to someone's DCP Friends' List. What is this and what are the advantages of being on it? What are the reasons to create one myself and add people to mine?

no. but it might just help you save a bunch of money on your car insurance.

<$1 to GEICO>

:bluedevil:

From invisionpower.com:

Your users can add other users to their buddy lists, enabling them to easily track what their friends are doing on the board. Of course, user privacy is paramount, so users have the option of approving friends and comments in their profile before they are shown, and can delete comments people have made on them at any time.

I kind of like the friends feature but I'm curious -- can I re-order them somehow or do they automatically order themselves based on when they were added?

Or better yet.. do they order themselves based on the last time that friend logged in?

Thanks!

Edited by ScribeToo

I kind of like the friends feature but I'm curious -- can I re-order them somehow or do they automatically order themselves based on when they were added?

Or better yet.. do they order themselves based on the last time that friend logged in?

Thanks!

I haven't found a built-in method for setting/changing the order of the Friends listing - either in the icon view on the right column or in the Friends 'tab'. Short of digging thru thousands of lines of code, I can't tell you exactly what the definitive answer is to your question.

Based on my (limited) use of the features, it appears that the Friends 'tab' is alphabetical by user name. I don't see a clear answer for the icon listing in the right column.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.

-john