EXCELSIOR GOES WILD

As the Director of EXCELSIOR D&BC - I am happy to report that our first ever Camp of our Debut season of Competition was

OUT OF CONTROL !!!!!! ;) -

With members merging on Mechanicville from Rochester, Ohio, Florida, Pittsfield MA, not to mention Saratoga,Schenectady,Mechanicville, Clifton Park , Troy, Rotterdam The list just went on and on.

A first for this Drum Corps to experience the numbers in such an early phase - with still more coming missing from the holidays and anxious to participate - We are excited to report that the hornline will boast 32 players this competition season - heavy in the low brass arena the windows shook when contra players & Baritones from rochester , Pittsfield, Rotterdam ,Watervliet & Troy - just rocked EXCELSIORS book.

Joe Pero on hand the horn line Blew through the ENTIRE book - YES THE ENTIRE BOOK!!!!

New comers Becka Scroggins & Tori (Ohio) were a pleasant addition to the Mello line bringing it to a smooth 6 count leaving only 1 mello 2 position remaining - With the addition of Rachel (Lead Bari) only 1 position for a Bari II remains -

The drum line lead by Brian Ballard ~ in full talent actually ensembled with the hornline for parts of the opener on the second day - another first for EXCELSIOR to have the drum line invloved at such an early stage Kudos to the new comers as well as our additions from Drum Corps such as The Santa Clara Vanguard & The White Sabers with excitement of even more drummers from The Cadets & Jersy Surf.

EXCELSIOR is Xcited to see what Brian turns out this '08 season ~

The weekend of course would not be complete with some basics and presence training by our own Visual Caption- Kyle Leach Aches and Pains were had by all - Thanks Ky!

The weekend was topped off by a great meeting with Drill Writer Bruce McCready ~ Who we are very excited to have on staff for our Debut Competition season.

Thank you to a fine staff , a fine KP Crew & The Mechanicville Community Center

Few positions remain with the horn line - keeping with our goal of staying in A Class.

Pitt Crew - some positions still available

Guard - Auditions running through the End of the year - however the soloists have been selected -

For any information regarding EXCELSIOR

Contact

Donel R. Mysliwiec - Director / Drum Major

excelsiordirector@verizon.net

what's your website?

what's your website?

Our Website is EXCELSIORDRUMCORPS.ORG - we are however having revamped so the new postings are not listed on this site that is still visible to the public- you will love the new one - Well announce when its up and running - It took a long time to find someone to really do a nice job -

Thanks for the inquiry-

• 2 weeks later...

Excelsior is ramping up for our next CAMP - 12/29Th & 30Th - There has been some great interest generated and we look forward to seeing all you new folks at the next camp - MARK YOUR SPOT NOW (X) We are committed to staying in the Class A division and spots are becoming limited with each day. Recruiters are busy and have been doing an excellent job - IF you have been toying with the idea of getting involved with the Excelsiors Competitive corps, now is the time. We are well into the music already and membership packets/contracts are being signed at every practice and camp-

The open house for the color guard takes place at this DEC camp - we are only taking 12 guard- 2 of which are soloists.

This camp for the guard -----will consist of work shops in several avenues of dance / choreographed routines for testing/ demonstrations and show and tell... This camp will give us an idea of the talent you can bring to the corps - and from it ------selections will be made to produce the show.

I look forward to seeing everyone again -

Ever Upward !

Donel

As the Director of EXCELSIOR D&BC - I am happy to report that our first ever Camp of our Debut season of Competition was

OUT OF CONTROL !!!!!! ;) -

With members merging on Mechanicville from Rochester, Ohio, Florida, Pittsfield MA, not to mention Saratoga,Schenectady,Mechanicville, Clifton Park , Troy, Rotterdam The list just went on and on.

A first for this Drum Corps to experience the numbers in such an early phase - with still more coming missing from the holidays and anxious to participate - We are excited to report that the hornline will boast 32 players this competition season - heavy in the low brass arena the windows shook when contra players & Baritones from rochester , Pittsfield, Rotterdam ,Watervliet & Troy - just rocked EXCELSIORS book.

Joe Pero on hand the horn line Blew through the ENTIRE book - YES THE ENTIRE BOOK!!!!

New comers Becka Scroggins & Tori (Ohio) were a pleasant addition to the Mello line bringing it to a smooth 6 count leaving only 1 mello 2 position remaining - With the addition of Rachel (Lead Bari) only 1 position for a Bari II remains -

The drum line lead by Brian Ballard ~ in full talent actually ensembled with the hornline for parts of the opener on the second day - another first for EXCELSIOR to have the drum line invloved at such an early stage Kudos to the new comers as well as our additions from Drum Corps such as The Santa Clara Vanguard & The White Sabers with excitement of even more drummers from The Cadets & Jersy Surf.

EXCELSIOR is Xcited to see what Brian turns out this '08 season ~

The weekend of course would not be complete with some basics and presence training by our own Visual Caption- Kyle Leach Aches and Pains were had by all - Thanks Ky!

The weekend was topped off by a great meeting with Drill Writer Bruce McCready ~ Who we are very excited to have on staff for our Debut Competition season.

Thank you to a fine staff , a fine KP Crew & The Mechanicville Community Center

Few positions remain with the horn line - keeping with our goal of staying in A Class.

Pitt Crew - some positions still available

Guard - Auditions running through the End of the year - however the soloists have been selected -

For any information regarding EXCELSIOR

Contact

Donel R. Mysliwiec - Director / Drum Major

excelsiordirector@verizon.net

Edited by THEEXCELSIORDIRECTOR

Excelsior is ramping up for our next CAMP - 12/29Th & 30Th - There has been some great interest generated and we look forward to seeing all you new folks at the next camp - MARK YOUR SPOT NOW (X) We are committed to staying in the Class A division and spots are becoming limited with each day. Recruiters are busy and have been doing an excellent job - IF you have been toying with the idea of getting involved with the Excelsiors Competitive corps, now is the time. We are well into the music already and membership packets/contracts are being signed at every practice and camp-

The open house for the color guard takes place at this DEC camp - we are only taking 12 guard- 2 of which are soloists.

This camp for the guard -----will consist of work shops in several avenues of dance / choreographed routines for testing/ demonstrations and show and tell... This camp will give us an idea of the talent you can bring to the corps - and from it ------selections will be made to produce the show.

I look forward to seeing everyone again -

Ever Upward !

Donel

sounds awesome!! keep up the good work! & good luck!

No Keith, it seems the Riot has moved to Florida!!! Ha! Good Luck to you and the Sun Devils this year...We WILL see you in Rochester!

LOL! Thank God you have a sense of humor!

Our Website is EXCELSIORDRUMCORPS.ORG - we are however having revamped so the new postings are not listed on this site that is still visible to the public- you will love the new one - Well announce when its up and running - It took a long time to find someone to really do a nice job -

Thanks for the inquiry-

WOW...I thought Joe S. did a great job --- Loved his website!

Can't wait to see the new one.

Is it up yet?

Dan

ps Joe you looking for work????

Edited by skymello2

WOW...I thought Joe S. did a great job --- Loved his website! Can't wait to see the new one. Is it up yet?

Dan

ps Joe you looking for work????

Dan,

Thanks for the kudo! And NO, I'm not looking for work! I gave up the job as Excelsior's webmaster srictly because I wanted to cut back on my computer commitments.

As with you, I can't wait to see the new website. Now you might think I would be jealous if it's better than what I did, but to the contrary, I would be disappointed if it's not. I'd like nothing better than to see our baby (the corps) move on without us to prosper, and to grow into something we can look back at with pride for the small part we played in making it happen!

Joe