DC-eye-oy-vey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can see action shots by pausing your dvd whenever you feel like it. these photos show the real beauty of drum corps, the things that people who dont march would not see or understand otherwise

)this was my post #444. i love crown 05, its one of my favorite shows musically.)

Edited by BoxVSoprano

I'm probably echoing a lot of what has already been said, but:

With personal photos you always run the risk that the person submitting isn't the next staff photographer for Sports Illustrated or National Geographic.

BUT, with personal pics, the upside is the one picture out of a few dozen that is loaded with personality. A corps kid taking pictures of his buddies can turn out like just another posed shot, or it can be the moment that reveals the spirit of this activity.

I like the candids myself, the ones where people are caught off guard, that evoke tour life and friendships. It's better -- don't you think? -- that we get a view from off the performance field once in a while. Those sky-high formation shots can be dazzling when you're viewing them rotating and melting into one another LIVE, but I like getting off the field and close up where we can see faces, expressions, youth. It's the soul of the activity there, right?

The one of Chuck Norris with the Mandarins posted today is pretty awesome though.