East Coast Jazz to Remain Inactive for 2008

liebot

Yeah, I mean, I don't know what you expected. Most of these former members are either college students or just out of college and don't exactly have a wealth of disposable income. Add to that the fact that a lot of them are spread across the country (I'm in Texas) and it's not surprising that they couldn't do more to revive ECJ. I honestly don't known what you expected.

that is a very valid point. it just brings me back to the original statement i made, they need time, just on a different level. everything takes a while to build up, especially with a corps or organization that is getting back up on it's feet.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
The organization should step back, not rush things, reevaluate itself, and return with its original name-The Malden Diplomats!

Sometimes one must go back in order to successfully go foreward!

Well... The Malden Diplomats merged with The Malden Ambassador to create East Coast Jazz. So I would say that ECJ is its own corps.

I hope for the return of ECJ, if they were to come back I'd make the trip from Colorado to go see the home show... and watch them lose to The Spartans. LOL.

I may not have aged out at ECJ, but I'm proud to have been a member of that Corps. All former members of ECJ carry a piece of the corps with them wherever they go… weather it's to another corps, or in the real world.

If ECJ is never to return, it will live within us. We'll carry those memories and share them so that people who never got the chance to see this gritty badasss corps will know how amazing it was.

Hopefully there will be another generation of ECJers to continue the history... hopefully.

We are The Jazz

Edited by JazzBari

no relish at all. It's just the difference between words and actions...kind of like compassionate conservative.

Words and actions everyone....vast differences.

It's what I've come to lovingly call "Sounds Great On A Tshirt." It's when people make a lot of loud statements that in reality can not be backed up, or even worse, that they have no intention of backing up.

My alma mater has been experiencing difficult times of late, but I know that what I can really do to help is limited, so I keep my mouth shut and quietly do what little I can to help, and let those that need to hear it know that they are appreciated for what they do.

And that's the point. It's the doers who keep these things going. If you can't be a doer, that's OK, not everybody can be. But if you run your mouth, you leave yourself open to the kind of scrutiny that our guy TB brings. So don't be a baby if you can't back it up.

Does that about sum it up TB?

It's what I've come to lovingly call "Sounds Great On A Tshirt." It's when people make a lot of loud statements that in reality can not be backed up, or even worse, that they have no intention of backing up.

My alma mater has been experiencing difficult times of late, but I know that what I can really do to help is limited, so I keep my mouth shut and quietly do what little I can to help, and let those that need to hear it know that they are appreciated for what they do.

And that's the point. It's the doers who keep these things going. If you can't be a doer, that's OK, not everybody can be. But if you run your mouth, you leave yourself open to the kind of scrutiny that our guy TB brings. So don't be a baby if you can't back it up.

Does that about sum it up TB?

inside the nutshell my friend...inside the nutshell

and from the information I've recently recieved, it's going to take WAY more than words to get this corps back on the field. (emphasis on the WAY is intentional).

And I'm sort of torn...my dollars have always gone elsewhere. I have chosen not to support ECJ in the past becuase of my encounters with some of their alums and members. But, no one...even old bad guy me wants to see a corps go down in flames. So, I'm torn a bit about this. I mean why is it important to give to one corps instead of another who is also inactive (Southwind for instance). Especially when I've always had great relationships with people from that organization.

It gets tougher every year to keep this activity going.

Reading through this post reminds me of the old days of Saturday Night Live. I believe it was Chevy Chase who used to say, "This breaking news just in... Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead."

Now, Jane... back to you.

I'm not too proud to admit that I had the exact same thought!

I guess this means we're OLD! (but with good memory!)