Madison Scouts 2007

I know, this is a REALLY late post, but I just got my '07 dvds and got to see the finished Madison show and couldn't believe how awesome it turned out. I take away the minute and a half dead space where they boxed the field and then collapsed the box, then this is one of my favorites of the year. You guys simply put it on the line and obviously outdid what even the proponents thought was possible. As far as all the Crossmen banter, see my new topic. MANY thanks to the Scouts who stuck it out. Your score simply didn't come close to doing justice.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never have I been more impressed at the improvement in a corps over the course of a season. I saw them live at Allentown and was underwhelmed, but the semis webcast blew me away! The power and determination oozed from that performance! The OTL was wonderfully staged and their ending fanfare sparkled. Madison has always been a personal favorite and I was worried after Allentown, but not anymore!

nice post and we all say thanks. been to the camps and this yr we have vets they are pumped and cant wait to bring it agian GO MADISON

Yes, they fixed the show. Yes, the ending drill concept was something that they had never done before. Yes, the opening was excellent.

I'm still never going to watch the show again. Ever.

(And Crossmen still had a better opening.)

Could you be any more obnoxious? I loved the Scouts show from start to finish! And their opener was better than the Crossmen. By the way I also loved the Crossmen. Just not quite as much as the Scouts.

You only get credit for demand that you perform well.

and why did you just say that?

How about hanging your balls out for everyone to see without caring what everybody else thinks about you and having everybody doubt you the whole summer until the very end. Yeah I read alot of dcp over the summer and I didn't care what people had to say about our show. You know why? Because they weren't marching that show. The Madison Scouts were and it was the best feeling in the world under all that pressure and you can't take that away from the Madison Scouts.

I'd rather have that then getting credit for anything. If you march drum corps just so you get credit that you marched drum corps just so you can say to everybody else that your opener was better, or your score was higher more power to you. A score is just a number and it may be important, but not important to a performer. How about having fun, working hard, maxing it out and making new friends instead of making a fool of yourself. I guess the maturity of members in drum corps is just inexistent these days. Why don't you cry about it some more and maybe you'll feel better about it....and I'm not dogging on bonesmen...you guys just need to pick your battles some place else so you don't look an idoit in front of the whole drum corps community.

Edited by Cdatedms

Madison has never been known for extreme cleanliness, but the corps has always put the fans first. Whether they're a bag visually or musically, they're still fun to watch. And you know that when you watch that corps, every one of those Scouts loves their corps and their show (it always sounds like it!). Not that that isn't the case with other corps, but there ARE ring hunters out there. Kids march Madison because they love the IDENTITY and the history of that corps...not because they want bling on their finger.

As a competitor of theirs in a top 3 corps, I'll always consider it a privilege to shake the hand of a Madison Scout.

and why did you just say that?

How about hanging your balls out for everyone to see without caring what everybody else thinks about you and having everybody doubt you the whole summer until the very end. Yeah I read alot of dcp over the summer and I didn't care what people had to say about our show. You know why? Because they weren't marching that show. The Madison Scouts were and it was the best feeling in the world under all that pressure and you can't take that away from the Madison Scouts.

I'd rather have that then getting credit for anything. If you march drum corps just so you get credit that you marched drum corps just so you can say to everybody else that your opener was better, or your score was higher more power to you. A score is just a number and it may be important, but not important to a performer. How about having fun, working hard, maxing it out and making new friends instead of making a fool of yourself. I guess the maturity of members in drum corps is just inexistent these days. Why don't you cry about it some more and maybe you'll feel better about it....and I'm not dogging on bonesmen...you guys just need to pick your battles some place else so you don't look an idoit in front of the whole drum corps community.

Clearly reading comprehension is not your strength. I'll try to explain this as clearly and simply as possible so as to not cause any more confusion. On Dec. 2nd, Bobby (MelloHorn13, one of your corps-mates and my former corps-mates) wrote: "And Xmen had one of the best show designs on the field this season." to which va9590jm responded "Too bad they were barely even rewarded for it." I responded to va9590jm's post (which was about Bones's show) by saying "You only get rewarded for demand you perform well." Now I thought that was fairly clear that I was talking about Crossmen '07 and not Madison '07 but I guess I have to make my posts more explicit for some people on this forum. Clearly you're in ultra-defensive-my-corps-experience-was-awesome-so-i-have-to-bash-anyone-i-think-is-dissing-it mood but why don't you take a chill pill and try to actually read and understand what people write before you go on some self-righteous rant about your transcendental drum corps experience and how you're more mature than me.

See you on the field.

Edited by TSRTS13

Hey all,

just got the DVD's recently...

I have to say that I was more than impressed with Madison's weapon line. With all I had heard I expected to see something along the lines of their 2002 guard - but boy was I wrong.

Some really nice writing and great performing going on there - congrats!!!!!!

Later,

Mike